Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bertin at Withdean yesterday............

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Would rather Hammond back than Bertin. We have loads of defensive midfielders, Fraser, EL Abd, Thompson..... What we need is a midfielder who can score 7-10 goals a season. We had one but sold him. We need a good replacement to be taken seriously next season.

Would rather Hammond back than Bertin. We have loads of defensive midfielders, Fraser, EL Abd, Thompson..... What we need is a midfielder who can score 7-10 goals a season. We had one but sold him. We need a good replacement to be taken seriously next season.

Yeah and I think you will find that Hammond scored six goals from the penalty spot. I would rather have a midfielder who can score goals from open play.
At least Bertin can tackle, Hammond didn't do enough of that when he was here.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yeah and I think you will find that Hammond scored six goals from the penalty spot. I would rather have a midfielder who can score goals from open play.
At least Bertin can tackle, Hammond didn't do enough of that when he was here.

Fair point, but you need a balance. At the moment we lack the creative midfielder. Hammond was not perfect and Im not saying he was but he did get forward a lot and was actually always a threat in the air from set pieces. We need that type of player as well as a Fraser/Thompson/Bertin figure. Would like to have seen Hammond alongside Thompson in fact.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Attacking goal scoring midfielders are at a premium so if we could get him in as the defensive one with Cox out wide and release Thomson to go forward then that would be an ideal situation and probably within our price range.

Racon is better than Bertin and he has hardly RELEASED Thomson to go forward has he?

I just don't see the financial sense of paying the wages of another defensive midfielder and SHIFTING a defensive midfielder in Thomson either onto the bench or into a position he is no good at.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Racon is NOT better than Bertin though. Not consistently, anyway.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was a fan of Bertin but he looked disinterested in his last few games - hardly the model of consistency.

Also, I think Racon's poorer games have come because of the BUSY fixture list.

I would rather have Racon than Bertin ANY day of the week.

Why people want Bertin and Currie back when they both thought they could do BETTER and have since realised they couldn't.

Racon season long loan is a far better option.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was a fan of Bertin but he looked disinterested in his last few games - hardly the model of consistency.

Also, I think Racon's poorer games have come because of the BUSY fixture list.

I would rather have Racon than Bertin ANY day of the week.

Why people want Bertin and Currie back when they both thought they could do BETTER and have since realised they couldn't.

Racon season long loan is a far better option.

Difference being, that both Bertin and Currie are actually AVAILABLE, whereas planning your side around the POSSIBILTY of Charlton loaning us racon for a season is pure speculation.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
we should sign (15 goal) simon cox from swindon - then we could have tiny cox and big cox hanging out together in our midfield:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here