Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Berlin

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's forecast -10 for Saturday, ruddy hell I dodn't think it got quite that cold.

Ah, a bit of a heatwave for February then :smile:

Seriously, Berlin is really, really, really cold in winter. I've had two Februaries in the place and froze my bollocks off.

Philcounty

Feb 25, 2009
Congleton
My brother has just opened an African themed hostel right near the East Side Gallery which has had walls painted by East Side Gallery artists. The hostel raises money for a charity in Zambia and may be worth a visit if you are still looking for accommodation. It has a double room so you wouldn't have to share a room with smelly gap year students :)

Anyway if anyone is interested you can take a look here

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
how did it go?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
My brother has just opened an African themed hostel right near the East Side Gallery which has had walls painted by East Side Gallery artists. The hostel raises money for a charity in Zambia and may be worth a visit if you are still looking for accommodation. It has a double room so you wouldn't have to share a room with smelly gap year students :)

Anyway if anyone is interested you can take a look here

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

That place looks WELL good. I'm gonna go to Berlin this winter I reckon, looks like a perfect place to stay that does.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
how did it go?

Had a brilliant times thanks Herr Tubthumper, checked out a number of your suggestions, ate out a couple of times in the Premzlauer Berg district and found a place that served the best burger I've ever feasted on. Also Kunsthaus on Oranienberger Strasse, the missus was a bit fearful of the place but found a couple of excellent bars in there and people were very friendly. Also really liked the Hauscher Markt area, and the missus loved that area too. The only downside was I wasn't quite braced for just how cold it would be, the thermometer ranged from -10 to -20 while we were over there and my beer at the football began to froze from about a third of the way down, so treated myself to a Gluhwein instead.

Will definitely be going back, a few places we really wanted to see but didn't have time and would love to see the city in summer in another light.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here