Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett or Buckley?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Some of you will think this is a pointless thread but if you had the choice of having either Bennett or Buckley who would you have?

Buckley has been great this season ( when fit ) beating players quite easily, good finisher and also coming off the bench to grab a couple of late goals.

Watching a video of Bennetts time with us got me thinking what a miss he is this season, great crosses, finishing out of the top drawer on more than a few occasions..

I would obviously have Benno but some may disagree?

Its late aswell.. :moo:

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
At the moment Bennett, But with regular games Buckley may turn out to be just as good, or even better!

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Some of you will think this is a pointless thread but if you had the choice of having either Bennett or Buckley who would you have?

Buckley has been great this season ( when fit ) beating players quite easily, good finisher and also coming off the bench to grab a couple of late goals.

Watching a video of Bennetts time with us got me thinking what a miss he is this season, great crosses, finishing out of the top drawer on more than a few occasions..

I would obviously have Benno but some may disagree?

Its late aswell.. :moo:

Bennetts form dropped after his head was turned in Jan and as had not scored in bottom half of prem wheras Pilkington has got 4, he still hasn't regained it. Buckley at top half of this div with 3 goals in next to no game time is, when fit, is more direct, a better finisher & on better form. I would NOT swap

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I actually think that Buckley, in the long term, will be better but he's gotta stop spurting and start playing!!!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
As soon as Buckley's fitness is sorted, I reckon he will do all that Elliott did for us and more.
As said above, Elliott went completely off the boil after the Norwich interest in January, and he hasn't exactly torn up the Premiership just yet.
He was without doubt the best midfielder we had during the Withdean years IMO and he will probably have a decent career floating around lower-Prem/Championship, but from what we've seen of Buckley so far, I reckon he can far surpass Benno's level of ability and go on to great things.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bennett no contest at the moment.

Buckley has potential to be as good if not better though

Potential needs to be fufilled by staying fit to win this quiz though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Buckley looks to be the better player for me, but he's no good to us on the treatment table all the time. So, atm, I would have Bennett as he was a regular contributor, but if Buckley can sort his injuries out, he would be the better player.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bennett no contest at the moment.

Buckley has potential to be as good if not better though

Potential needs to be fufilled by staying fit to win this quiz though.

Agree. I still miss Benno - prob like i've never missed any players we've lost bar Zamora :(

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good question. I think we need to see a consistently fit Will Buckley to be able to judge.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Buckley seems to be quite a clinical finisher but I've yet to see him deliver a cross or set piece like Bennett could and that is what we are missing at the moment. I love the tippy tappy but without the final ball its worthless and thats what Bennett was able to provide. So for me Bennett would get in the team ahead of Buckley.

D

Deleted member 18477

thats like asking who you'd prefer out of Pires and Overmars or Beckham and Giggs.

All effective!

if i had to choose right now... Bennett.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
two very different players - Benno is much more creative while Buckley is more naturally a striker, so it's horses for courses.

I think Buckley will do a fantastic job pushed up alongside CMS but neither will score goals without us having a replacement for Bennett to create chances. I hope Harley might be able to fill his shoes onnce he gets his work ethic and defensive positioning right.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If Buckley can get fit and stay fit he'll be better than Bennet.
That's what I think. We are in a higher division this year, and Buckley looks brilliant when he plays. But it's a huge IF at the moment.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Benno, although buckley has saved our skin. But I think Bennett was a better team player and was my favourite player of last season.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Thanks for posting that youtube video marc1901, it brought back some great memories.

Bennett. Has there ever been another Brighton Player who has scored that many goals from outside the box?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would be interested to see where we would be had Buckley played as many minutes this season as Bennett did last ?

For that reason alone it has to be Bennett, but i think Buckley could go on to be the better of the two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here