Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett or Buckley?

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Agree. I still miss Benno - prob like i've never missed any players we've lost bar Zamora :(

I know. I felt the same when Graham Winstanley left:lol:

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
The way I think of it is that we have Buckley and an extra £500k instead of Benno. If Buckley can keep his fitness up he could be equally as important for us, plus he is slightly younger.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I will say buckley has much more potential,bennett was great at crossing and whizzing down the wing plus dead ball crosses,but buckley has a fantastic turn of pace,great skill and a heck of a great shot on him.I thought bennett was crap for many games last season and looked very predictable,also bennett rarely goes past a player.

Two great players though:)

BHAWise

Oct 5, 2011
Seaford
I think Buckley could be more of a replacement fior Glenn Murray. Not that they are similar players but Buckley will probably end up playing as a striker. Where as LuaLua could end up as valuable as Bennett was. I remember his set plays last year were easily as good as EB

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Much as I like Buckley it's still Bennett for me, definitely. We've missed him hugely and I think even if Buckley had been fit for every game we still would have. Buckley's not really playing the same role as Bennett did, he's playing as a genuine winger, drifting in to a second striker position, Bennett played at the top of the midfield. He was more involved in the passing game than Buckley, opening teams up that way whereas Buckley does it purely by running at players. Where Bennett would have been has been filled by Vicente, Sparrow, Harley, Barnes. Obviously not good enough replacements except Vicente who's only played in two or three games, whereas Bennett hardly missed two or three.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
WB for me when fully fit... I miss Benno, but Will has something really special that puts me on the edge of my seat!

Two different players playing in similar positions IMO!

I hope Will goes on to reach his full potential for us... He could/should become a legend in the stripes if he sorts out his fitness!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
CMS lacks service - Bennett would provide that in bucket loads
Buckley is injury prone - Bennett isn't

Bennett all day long for me (not that I dislike Buckley).

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Like for like (ie fit Bennet and fit Buckley) I think I would prefer Will to Elliot.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Some of you will think this is a pointless thread but if you had the choice of having either Bennett or Buckley who would you have?

Buckley has been great this season ( when fit ) beating players quite easily, good finisher and also coming off the bench to grab a couple of late goals.

Watching a video of Bennetts time with us got me thinking what a miss he is this season, great crosses, finishing out of the top drawer on more than a few occasions..

I would obviously have Benno but some may disagree?

Its late aswell.. :moo:

Bennet , sicknote is never fit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here