May 12, 2009
3sfl.jpg

:laugh:

Thanks and good luck Elliott Bennett.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
one of our best players in the last decade, well done Benno, good luck and I look forward to watching you tear up the prem!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The Argus is now reporting the following, as regards the fee. We better hope Norwich avoid relegation....

The winger has signed a three-year deal at Carrow Road for a £1.5 million fee, which could rise to £2 million depending on the number of appearances he makes and Norwich staying up

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
All the best Benno and thanks for playing your part in getting us here!

If he'd gone to Southampton or another Championship club I'd have issues, but to play in the Prem is a chance he can't turn down!

Keep Calm and Carry On!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Agree with most of the above, disappointed he's gone but wish him all the best and hope he does really well in the Premier League. Comes across as a top lad and a top professional and deserves his chance in the PL, he's been brilliant for us the last few years and always tried his best. Bye Benno, tear the PL apart for us.

this.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Good luck Elliott.His attitude after we rejected Norwich's offers in January was fantastic.
I'm sure he was told that we would let him go in the summer if Norwich made a decent offer.
I hope he does well.

My only issue is that he didn't seem to want to be a part of our move to the Amex.
Which I think just goes to show that money is the biggest motivation to a player.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Fair play to him he's earned a chance at the premier league and I hope he does well, He'll be missed but when a chance at the big time comes along you cant knock a player for taking it.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Sorry to see Benno go and good luck to him. Will watch his progress with interest.

Time for us to move on. £1.5m (potentially plus another £500k ontop) will come in handy as we build the Championship squad.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
really gutted he has gone, a great player for us in recent seasons and i think will be missed. Good luck Benno, shine in the premier mate and maybe one day you might even make that England Squad.............theres not much competition currently!!!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
on NCFC main website

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2375675,00.html

"Meanwhile Bennett told canaries.co.uk: "It's an unbelievable opportunity for me to fight for a place in the team which will be playing in the Premier League.

"I like the mentality at Norwich City that has seen them get back-to-back promotions and I'm grateful to Paul Lambert for giving me the chance to be part of what's happening at the Club.

"I didn't make it through at Wolves, which was my home town club, and Brighton gave me the opportunity and I'm grateful for that. Now I'm just really excited about the chance to try and help Norwich in the Premier League."

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great shame but he was good however I would still add in development.

Wonder what we had to pay Wolves ?

I find it slightly discomforting that after being used to seeing top talents slip from our grasp in Withdean's years, that we still lose another one just as we enter the platinum era of Amex Stadium. Any great possessions don't stay, so to rise to the top is a struggle until we are another wealthy 'big' club. Even then we'll have to endure players going to the top 5 or 6 that can fill 50,000+ stadiums.

It's a bit worse than sobering, it's cold.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
Gutted,best talent we have had in a while. He also did some great work at westdene school, my kids will be gutted!

Wish him all the very best and thank him for his class but matched with endeavor and a footballing brain!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here