Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett gone - Club text [merged threads]

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Agree with most of the above, disappointed he's gone but wish him all the best and hope he does really well in the Premier League. Comes across as a top lad and a top professional and deserves his chance in the PL, he's been brilliant for us the last few years and always tried his best. Bye Benno, tear the PL apart for us.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
hope he makes plenty of appearances so we max the fee up to the £2m mark

do Wolves just get a percentage of the basic fee (£1.5m) as their sell on or do they also get a percentage of subsequent performance-related add-ons?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I don't wish him anything other than the best of luck because, after all, he has done a pretty good job for us, and, it's natural that he would want to go on and achieve the best he can for himself.

Perhaps he may really hit the big time as a latter day Beckham.

Hope we have a decent contract in place from which we benefit etc.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Very sad to see him go but entirely understand why he made the move. I don't see any reason to bear Norwich a grudge either. In fact, with Crofts and Bennett trying their luck in the Premiership they will be the team whose result I will be looking for in that division.

What's the thinking with all these undisclosed fees? I'd like to know what our dealings are and I always find a lack of transparency frustrating. I'm assuming there is a good reason for it but can anybody fill me in on what it might be?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I don't imagine Norwich have that sort of spare money to throw about on buying reserves/bench warmers

I suppose but tbh I don't think he'd be good enough to start in the prem, maybe an impact sub? I don't know though, will be interesting to see...

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
All the best to the lad, I hope he STORMS the prem & goes on to bigger & better things.
Most talented player we've had since Bobby.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Bloody good luck to the lad although the thought of him playing in the prem does shock me,but i presume warming the bench most of the time will do on that wage.

Must confess i never saw him as good enough for the prem but he is a young man and norwich will probably go down next season.

Good money nearly 2 million:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Very sad to see him go but entirely understand why he made the move. I don't see any reason to bear Norwich a grudge either. In fact, with Crofts and Bennett trying their luck in the Premiership they will be the team whose result I will be looking for in that division.

What's the thinking with all these undisclosed fees? I'd like to know what our dealings are and I always find a lack of transparency frustrating. I'm assuming there is a good reason for it but can anybody fill me in on what it might be?

Tony plays his cards close to his chest. He doesn't want other clubs knowing too much about transfer funds coming in to the club or how much we are selling our prized assets for, although I accept people will know roughly what Naarch stumped up for Benno.

No real reason for us to release the details chapter and verse though is there, other than to satisfy fans curiosity.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Good luck Benno. Can't blame him for wanting to play in the Prem. Look forward to watching him on Match of the Day, although I'd be very surprised if they manage to stay up.
They better have included a sell on clause!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here