Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett gone - Club text [merged threads]

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Nothing more to add to the mountains of posts and threads on this subject other than bye bye Benno, thanks for the memories, absolute top quality here and I wish him all the best in his new career now at Naarch. Will always get a warm welcome if or when his path crosses with the Albion in the future.
This.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not like Bennett and Murray were important to us this season, no, quite poor actually :whistle:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Going by the Argus 1.5 rising to 2 mill. They have got a bargain

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Gutted, but im sure the club will have more news for us today or tomorrow to make us all feel better

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Good luck to him. Benno has ben quality the last two season's and he will be missed but he can't turn this opportunity down. I also liked the fact he could of left in January but wanted to stay to help us win the league, top man :thumbsup:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
At least now we can all stop hating on Norwich and support them in the Premiership! Try and play football the right way and have two of our favourite players playing for them. We don't hate Bobby, and I might speak for myself, but like it when him and Fulham do well, so I hope Norwich do well next season! Was always delighted to see Crofty scoring last season, so no doubt I'll be pleased to watch them on MotD

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Old boy hails Canaries' Bennett swoop | Norwich City - EatSleepSport

Former winger Mark Barham says Brighton star Elliott Bennett is the ideal acquisition for Norwich ahead of their Premier League return.

Canaries chief Paul Lambert is poised to tie up a £1.5million swoop for 22-year-old Bennett, who impressed greatly with 19 assists and eight goals last season as the Seagulls romped to the League One title.

And, Barham, who made 223 appearances for Norwich between 1979 and 1987, scoring goals 25, feels Bennett is a perfect signing because he is a player who is gradually improving as opposed to being the finished article who would, therefore, be far more expensive to snap up.

"It looks as if Paul Lambert wants younger players he can mould into his way of playing football and try to establish that place in the Premier League. That's the way Paul wants to go," said Barham in The Pink 'un.

"He can't afford to break the wage structure but he's looking at exciting young players and the way I see it the squad is getting better and better.

"Everything he touches seems to turn to gold. He has put a strategy in place and it's very good to see how things are shaping up.

"You need your goalscorers and it looks as if his midfield and attack is coming together. If there is one thing he may look for, it's a centre-half who has played in the Premier League."

On Bennett, Barham, who also had a spell playing for Brighton, added: "I haven't seen too much of him live, apart from the game I covered for Press Association at Norwich, but from what I can see he looks a very accomplished player for such a young lad."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here