Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Fair play to Ben White, all he’s doing is laughing and rightly so, WTF is this woman going on about?

Not sure why this should annoy any Albion fan IMO.

I reckon it's to do with having to endure a summer of Leeds fans coming on here and giving it large, cubed with the dawning reality that a lot of the stuff they said turning out to be right.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I wonder if Leeds will make another bid this window? They have lost 2 centre back to long-term injury recently. Not sure that we'd miss him that much given the number of centre halves we have at the club, and that's not including the 2 on loan in the Championship and 2 at League 1 clubs.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I wonder if Leeds will make another bid this window? They have lost 2 centre back to long-term injury recently. Not sure that we'd miss him that much given the number of centre halves we have at the club, and that's not including the 2 on loan in the Championship and 2 at League 1 clubs.

It's far from beyond the realms, but we're very well protected by the contract he signed. They would need to significantly hike the bid, but they may do it

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think there will be 1 shock departure to attain the funds required for that elusive striker. Not sure that would be White

I think you're right. Who was the last player we sold that was actually a regular at the time we sold him? It was Ulloa, wasn't it?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think there will be 1 shock departure to attain the funds required for that elusive striker. Not sure that would be White

If we are going down this path, (and i'm not 100% convinced we are), we should certainly be getting the striker first and then making the sale afterwards.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
He shouldn’t have got involved with this, really stupid.

And likewise, Leeds shouldn’t have tweeted it in the first place, totally out of order. Lots of pudits have shared this same opinion of Leeds previously but now she is the target of totally over the top, sexist and nasty abuse on social media. And we know how ridiculous Leeds fans are on social media.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Fair play to Ben White, all he’s doing is laughing and rightly so, WTF is this woman going on about?

Not sure why this should annoy any Albion fan IMO.

Agreed, At least she had some knowledge and an opinion. The (I presume) Ex footballer covering our game offered no insight at all.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I reckon it's to do with having to endure a summer of Leeds fans coming on here and giving it large, cubed with the dawning reality that a lot of the stuff they said turning out to be right.

I reckon he’s just laughing at whoever runs the official LUFC Twitter account taking the piss out of whoever the woman making the comments is.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
zero chance we come back for ben white. i know we play a system that clearly suits him, whereas you lot have played him out of position (and the step up in quality) but he looks a shadow of his former self. i have never bought into the hype surrounding him and having watched you a few times this year see nothing to suggest he fares better than strjuik/ayling/koch/llorente/cooper in our defense.

he's not wrong about that clueless commentator though, between her covid comments, meslier slating and inaccurate nonsense about harrison you have to wonder if they do any research before running their mouths.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I don't think White wants to be here.

He hasn't exactly pulled up any trees since the start of the season and has a very noisy agent who can see the pounds signs slipping away the more he underperforms for us in the Premier League. The new contract won't mean much if a big club comes along and he knows that (which I'm not convinced they will). I may be wrong but this could be a calculated move on his part, either that or he's a bit of a prat for getting involved in something which has nothing to do with him.

I'd be happy to see him sold. He plays in a position where we have decent cover and we did fine last season without him. Clearly did well for Leeds last season in a lower league but I'm still struggling to see what all the fuss is about.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
he's not wrong about that clueless commentator though, between her covid comments, meslier slating and inaccurate nonsense about harrison you have to wonder if they do any research before running their mouths.

71EC5DED-FADD-414A-8BCE-E18C77009FB1.jpeg

I’m not sure why she mentioned Covid, her comments don’t actually make much sense.
Leeds won 6 and drew 1 out of 9 before lockdown.
Leeds won 7 and drew 1 out of 9 after lockdown.

One extra win :) big deal :mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here