Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Has White actually played in the position and defensive formation for us that he did for Leeds in the Championship? My impression is that he's being shoe-horned into our team so far based too much on the hype around him.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Bit disappointed with Ben yesterday, feel he was at fault for their goal.

For all his hype and links to other clubs... he is still a young player learning his trade at elite level. I wonder if GP will rest him?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

For all his hype and links to other clubs... he is still a young player learning his trade at elite level. I wonder if GP will rest him?

I believe he was at fault for both Hammers goals.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Has White actually played in the position and defensive formation for us that he did for Leeds in the Championship? My impression is that he's being shoe-horned into our team so far based too much on the hype around him.

No. As far as I’m aware, Leeds set up as they do now in a 4-1-4-1 formation. We’ve never played that formation. It’s also worth remembering that White excelled in the Championship and playing against the likes of Lewis Grabban and Brit Assombalonga is a bit different to playing against Rashford and Kane.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
No. As far as I’m aware, Leeds set up as they do now in a 4-1-4-1 formation. We’ve never played that formation. It’s also worth remembering that White excelled in the Championship and playing against the likes of Lewis Grabban and Brit Assombalonga is a bit different to playing against Rashford and Kane.

Fair enough. I still fail to see what all the fuss is about. He has splayed some good balls around and made some excellent tackles here and there but seems to me no more than a decent enough young player with potential - nothing extraordinary and certainly not at Lamptey or Biss levels.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Actually think he was culpable for both.

Probably a good point re resting him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lamptey White Dunk Webster March.

That's how the team should have played all season.
Veltman covers injuries and suspensions, we're lucky to have him.

Anything else does rather smack of the manager trying to be too clever.

The lack of cover for the wide men does rather point to a recruitment error, as it turns out they are the most vital positions on the pitch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

The lack of cover for the wide men does rather point to a recruitment error, as it turns out they are the most vital positions on the pitch.

Would prefer 4 myself, but in terms of Potter’s preferred formation, completely agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Agree. But I am starting to wonder if the reason GP moved White into midfield was as he feels he’s slightly suspect defensively.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
He’s got enormous potential but he needs to address his achilles heel of defending high balls into the box.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011

Souceks goal was Dunk's fault all day long - just header it away for gods sake, he barely even jumped

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yes he was partly responsible for both goals but Dunk more so for the second.

There's no doubt White didn't have a good game yesterday but in fairness to him, he was played out of position again. When he has played centre back, I think he's looked good for us and IMO better than Dunk.

Dunk is a big problem for us at the moment as he has been woefully out of form all season, the poorest of all our centre backs by some way.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

He will only cut out the mistakes by playing games. Dunk went through the same when younger. Potter needs to stop tinkering and play Ben in a settled defensive position every game and we need to judge him as a young player making a step up from Div 2 and not as a potential Liverpool player. Seems to me Potter’s tinkering and fans’ ridiculous expectations are the problem here in equal measure.

herecomesaregular

Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
bw.jpeg

I dunno, am I being unfair that BW commenting on this annoys me? I do maybe get the impression he wishes he could have stayed there and be part of the 5/6 goal thrillers. I suppose you can't blame him but.....

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
View attachment 131904

I dunno, am I being unfair that BW commenting on this annoys me? I do maybe get the impression he wishes he could have stayed there and be part of the 5/6 goal thrillers. I suppose you can't blame him but.....

No. You’re not completely wrong. I know it’s his personal Twitter, but he does have a responsibility as a representative first team player of our club... to a degree.

I’d give him a break as he’s still a young man and probably does have a fond memory of Leeds. But he’s paid handsomely by our club and we’re not delivering right now.

Young players should be very cautious with social media.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I mean the point he's making is pretty unarguable ... but yes be careful there Ben

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
View attachment 131904

Fair play to Ben White, all he’s doing is laughing and rightly so, WTF is this woman going on about?

Not sure why this should annoy any Albion fan IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here