Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
He's played in, at least, 3 different positions.
He's played in a back 3, 5 and 4.
At no point has he looked 'lost'.
To my untrained eye he even seems to be improving, game on game.
He's only played in 8 (?) Premier League matches.

"Been good" already seems a little harsh.

Lamptey is fast, exciting and given the pitch to enjoy.
White is given considerably more responsibility and so far he's proved himself more than capable of handling it.

This, and we are in rush to sell, I would imagine he could force himself into the England squad come summer, if injuries affect current first choice players for Mr Southgate. Bloom is shrewd and would be aware of this increasing his potential sale fee, it would make no sense to sell in January even for a big fee.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Its undoubtedly mentioned somewhere else in this thread but I can't be arsed to trawl - who is White's agent?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are now looking like Southampton in the early 2000s with young players coveted by BIG clubs.

It could be Liveralbion rather than Liverhampton soon :down:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Do you need a source to believe that they are monitoring his progress? Young English central defender doing well in the Premier League... yeah I think they've heard of him and are "monitoring" him.

Presumably the clubs are "monitoring" the progress of dozens of prospects? That's the whole point of scouting isn't it?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Except that they did sell a load of players. We haven't sold any yet.

We will when the silly offers come in and the players understandably want out to a big club and I’m not talking about the Mighty Leeds.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We are now looking like Southampton in the early 2000s with young players coveted by BIG clubs.

It could be Liveralbion rather than Liverhampton soon :down:

Not sure I see that as a problem. In fact I think that's our model. If we get £50m+ for White that is fantastic business for Tony Bloom. We have Veltman who is easily good enough to be starting and also Ostigard doing really well at Coventry, and also Roberts who provide great cover and future options. We have quality young midfielders queuing up to get there chance in Alzate, Molumby, and Mac. The only real worry is Lamptey as doesnt seem to be a ready made replacement but he'll be going for huge £££ so you'd think we could afford a decent replacement. Ultimately if we are selling to top 6 clubs we will be making great money and the Academy seems to be thriving.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The only real worry is Lamptey as doesnt seem to be a ready made replacement .

Pardonnez-moi...?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's played in, at least, 3 different positions.
He's played in a back 3, 5 and 4.
At no point has he looked 'lost'.
To my untrained eye he even seems to be improving, game on game.
He's only played in 8 (?) Premier League matches.

"Been good" already seems a little harsh.

Lamptey is fast, exciting and given the pitch to enjoy.
White is given considerably more responsibility and so far he's proved himself more than capable of handling it.

Considering it's his first season at this level, I think he's been highly impressive and is getting better every game this season. He'll make mistakes, but so will Lamptey (and he has - sending off v Villa, pen v Palace). You could, and should, argue that both decisions were soft but perhaps one's a more senior player wouldn't make.

The fact is both players are developing and, although aren't perfect yet, are two of the finest young players we've ever had at this club. We're very lucky indeed.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Don’t you love a made up sky sports rumour so they can plug a scouting app, looks a lot like a paid advertisement to me.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

We will when the silly offers come in and the players understandably want out to a big club and I’m not talking about the Mighty Leeds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55146257 This article resonates and the approach of Sevilla looks very similar to ours as a strategy and the increased use of data to support/counter the subjective views of scouts .. its a question of time before we sell big and continue to do so, but the trick is to continue to feed the pipeline, punctuated by good "value" experienced players..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here