Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

The Fridge

Jul 29, 2020
So kindly F**K off now, we've finished with the "Bantz" as we want to talk about OUR player.

This would be a fair response if 10 of the next 15 replies on this thread didn’t mention us.

Succinct and I doubt the non caring **** will be posting again :thumbsup:

You’re wrong there Mr ‘Icy Gull’

I don’t blame you lot for talking about Leeds all day, I also really enjoy talking about Leeds. Must be nice to finally talk about a club with a little bit of relevance.

And don’t despair too much when you’re playing the likes of Wycombe and Luton next season, at least you might draw against your beloved Leeds in the cup.

All the best for this season.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Open none loaded questions

Can Ben White shine in a back three?
Is he more suited to a back 2?
Perhaps he’s better suited in a team that does less defending and more possession?

I know we faired pretty well today but I’d have liked to see him in a back two in the second half.

45 mins against PL quality is too little to judge.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Open none loaded questions

Can Ben White shine in a back three?
Is he more suited to a back 2?
Perhaps he’s better suited in a team that does less defending and more possession?

I know we faired pretty well today but I’d have liked to see him in a back two in the second half.

45 mins against PL quality is too little to judge.

Lets get real whatever happens this season its unlikely he will be the best centre back at the club. Dunk is and no doubt will continue to hold that title.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lets get real whatever happens this season its unlikely he will be the best centre back at the club. Dunk is and no doubt will continue to hold that title.

Exactly. He had a good season in the Championship, the PL is a massive step up and he needs to be eased in not thrown in. I imagine most of the Leeds fans creaming.their pants about him haven’t even seen Leeds in the PL. Complete over hyping of a young prospect.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Well at least we’ll always have the football police to try to ‘school us.’ We’ve been out of the PL for 16 years and still have 6 more years experience in the Prem.

I’ve got respect for Brighton on the pitch. You’ve got a decent team and a good manager, just drop all this high and mighty nonsense - you’re embarrassing yourselves by acting like you’re the role models for class (it’s almost as bad as the minority of Leeds fans saying we’ll finish top 6)

I think I speak for all Leeds fans when I say that we couldn’t really care less what you think of us. So if the only reason you’re talking about us so much is, as you say, to ‘school’ us then you’d probably be best to give up now.

What is probably more likely to happen, is another 1000 pages of discussion about us, maybe we do make your life a little more interesting..

Kettle
Black
Pot

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can see him having a few wobblers to start with, It's a huge step up, but his robbing Werner and a delightful 50 yard pass shows he has huge quality.

The Chelsea goal was a collective fart rather than individual error.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Ben White looked so happy to be in the stripes with some decent players around him. You could tell he was well happy to have escaped Leeds.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Ok mate, only in your dreams have Leeds been eclipsed by Brighton. Leeds have still made more news playing the division below than Brighton have in their 3 in the premier league. You might have had a better team for a couple of years but Brighton will never be the bigger club.

If all you read is the Yorkshire Evening Post Leeds Live and Twitter feeds from Leeds United and all you watch is “Look North”...that’s not really surprising is it poppet?

The National news hardly mentioned you until it became obvious that a Brighton loanee and a contractless manager had got you promoted.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well at least we’ll always have the football police to try to ‘school us.’ We’ve been out of the PL for 16 years and still have 6 more years experience in the Prem.

I’ve got respect for Brighton on the pitch. You’ve got a decent team and a good manager, just drop all this high and mighty nonsense - you’re embarrassing yourselves by acting like you’re the role models for class (it’s almost as bad as the minority of Leeds fans saying we’ll finish top 6)

I think I speak for all Leeds fans when I say that we couldn’t really care less what you think of us. So if the only reason you’re talking about us so much is, as you say, to ‘school’ us then you’d probably be best to give up now.

What is probably more likely to happen, is another 1000 pages of discussion about us, maybe we do make your life a little more interesting..

I...I did it!!!!! I finally broke the spring that kept this dickheads mind spinning. I claim him and want his bloated head mounted above my mantle....

Possibly with an apple or something in his gaping mouth...

But , thinking about it, the missus might have something to say about it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thought he looked a very good prospect yesterday and only had to look across to see what a year in the Premier has done to last year's best championship defender and, a little closer, how good you can be with a few years in the Premier.

The junior partner in what is already a proven top quality premier defence, he must be pinching himself :thumbsup:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Thought he looked a very good prospect yesterday and only had to look across to see what a year in the Premier has done to last year's best championship defender and, a little closer, how good you can be with a few years in the Premier.

The junior partner in what is already a proven top quality premier defence, he must be pinching himself :thumbsup:

I thought he made the transition from ‘big fish in a small pond’ to ‘small fish in a big pond’ just fine. Without the pressure of the being the best player at the club, he’ll have the space and understanding to develop properly here.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I thought he made the transition from ‘big fish in a small pond’ to ‘small fish in a big pond’ just fine. Without the pressure of the being the best player at the club, he’ll have the space and understanding to develop properly here.

I think what's happened also shows a very good character.

It can't have been easy a year ago, to be told that you haven't made the first team squad and that you are going to be loaned out to the second tier. Every player wants to play at the highest level they can.

However, he obviously got his head down, worked hard, and did exactly what the Albion's development team asked, and has now got his reward with a place in the squad :thumbsup:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think what's happened also shows a very good character.

It can't have been easy a year ago, to be told that you haven't made the first team squad and that you are going to be loaned out to the second tier. Every player wants to play at the highest level they can.

However, he obviously got his head down, worked hard, and did exactly what the Albion's development team asked, and has now got his reward with a place in the squad :thumbsup:

Agree. Particularly when you consider he was released by Southampton as a youngster. That must be a real hammer blow to the confidence and I guess a lot of kids just give up at that point rather than having the mental resolve and self belief to keep going. Obviously I know nothing but it appears he has the sort of character, lack of ego and steely determination that fits the club’s current ethos perfectly. Let’s hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here