Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We also shouldn’t forget that the window is open a few weeks after the season starts so if he plays well against Chelsea Newcastle and Man U who could say that one or all might make a huge bid for him
I don't think PL clubs can buy from other PL clubs after the season starts - purchases only permitted from the lower leagues (and abroad, I think).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't think PL clubs can buy from other PL clubs after the season starts - purchases only permitted from the lower leagues (and abroad, I think).

Really? That is good if true!

Edit, from the PL website:

The summer 2020 transfer window started on 27 July and is open for 10 weeks, ending on 5 October.

A domestic-only window, during which Premier League clubs can only trade with those in the EFL, will run from 5 October to 17:00 BST on 16 October.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014

Not true. Just googled it and it ends on 5th Oct with 16th Oct cut off for transfers to and from the EFL.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Don’t believe that is true. 5th of October to 16th of October is the domestic window where Pl clubs can sell / loan to lower league. Until the 5th there are no restrictions I can find.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I wouldn’t sing a new contract yet if I was White . If Chelsea or Liverpool come in for him then that move would be harder if he’s just singed a new contract

I’d wait till the end of the window , if one of the big boys haven’t come in for him then he can sing an improved deal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the players perspective I would agree 100% but I think the club need to (and probably already have) made a decision about whether he is in our plans or not so Potter can prepare for the new season.

For example there would be no point in working on drills and sessions to form a back 3 with White in and then sell him and leave the manager on the back foot. I think the not for sale message suggest the club have already drawn the line but guess time will tell.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think the point is, why would anyone at the Albion leak something like 'our player has now turned down 2 offers of a better contract with us' to anyone. It's not what we do. So who is leaking it to Naylor and Hay ? I might suggest the only other people genuinely ITK are Ben and his agent.

Another possibility you’re not considering.. it’s fabricated.

I believe this contract stuff came as a misquote from a podcast which Leeds fans have repeated ad nauseum until it becomes “fact”.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
In non-Leeds related Ben White rumours, credible source of Jacob Steinberg wrote the following hidden away in his Guardian article yesterday.

"Alongside champions Liverpool, Chelsea are also monitoring developments with the Brighton defender Ben White. Leeds United have already had two bids for White rejected and although they have made a third offer of £25m, Brighton are determined not to sell the 22-year-old.

Lampard admires White, who helped Leeds win promotion to the Premier League during an impressive spell on loan at Elland Road last season, but it remains to be seen if anyone can come up with enough money to alter Brighton’s stance this summer. White, who has two years left on his contract with the option of an extra year, is yet to agree a new deal with Brighton and has rejected the club’s latest offer."

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/aug/20/chelsea-move-closer-to-signing-kai-havertz-from-bayer-leverkusen

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I wouldn’t sing a new contract yet if I was White . If Chelsea or Liverpool come in for him then that move would be harder if he’s just singed a new contract

I’d wait till the end of the window , if one of the big boys haven’t come in for him then he can sing an improved deal .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see that it would make any difference to him as he has potentially 3 years left on his contract anyway. All it means is that he'll be earning more money. Even if the contract includes an extension, it surely wouldn't affect his value.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Leeds fans Bucketman not signed a new contract, that's ok we can wait it's ready for him to sign, 5 weeks it's been waiting for him to sign, Shirley they can find a pen.
White not signed a new contract, he wants out.I

Maybe Bucketman is delaying because lack of transfers. Not yet players he wants he goes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the point is, why would anyone at the Albion leak something like 'our player has now turned down 2 offers of a better contract with us' to anyone. It's not what we do. So who is leaking it to Naylor and Hay ? I might suggest the only other people genuinely ITK are Ben and his agent.

His agent has been suspended previously for dodgy dealing.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looks like Leeds are hitting a few obstacles elsewhere re transfer targets. What they are now realising is that transfer fees seem to increase when clubs know they are desperate to land targets. Eg Rangers rejecting £10m for Kent. Paying the price for not keeping things quiet. They've wasted three weeks on the White bids.
I wonder when Bucketman will sense the lack of progress.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like Leeds are hitting a few obstacles elsewhere re transfer targets. What they are now realising is that transfer fees seem to increase when clubs know they are desperate to land targets. Eg Rangers rejecting £10m for Kent. Paying the price for not keeping things quiet. They've wasted three weeks on the White bids.

He already has - hence no contract signing.....................Bielsaflounce incoming :O

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

I believe this contract stuff came as a misquote from a podcast which Leeds fans have repeated ad nauseum until it becomes “fact”.

I agree entirely, in fact I said so in my original post #5080, the one that [MENTION=15377]Nathan[/MENTION] repsonded to and I then clarified for him.

If it is true he has rejected new contract offers, who has made it public. The Albion hasn't.....so who has ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He already has - hence no contract signing.....................Bielsaflounce incoming :O

At his age I really doubt he will want to go into his first PL season with a team that is currently weaker than the one that got promoted. Leeds are treading on thin ice with their floundering around in a very competitive and expensive market.

As we, and all the other clubs promoted clubs over the last three years, apart from Wolves and Sheffield United, know from experience, this is one competitive division and a massive step up from the Championship. As things stand Leeds are heading for a fall. Bielsa will know this unless he believes the Messiah claims of Leeds’ fans.

TICK TOCK

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That we'll be attempting to get Ben tied down for longer in exchange for significantly better terms for him certainly won't be fabricated.

I understand his current terms are pretty modest given his status now.

But I also wouldn't take rejections of improved terms as an indication he wishes to leave. The next deal is a big one for him, and he's in quite a strong position. Along with his agent, he'll be negotiating hard, as he should.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Really? That is good if true!

Edit, from the PL website:

The summer 2020 transfer window started on 27 July and is open for 10 weeks, ending on 5 October.

A domestic-only window, during which Premier League clubs can only trade with those in the EFL, will run from 5 October to 17:00 BST on 16 October.

Not true. Just googled it and it ends on 5th Oct with 16th Oct cut off for transfers to and from the EFL.

Don’t believe that is true. 5th of October to 16th of October is the domestic window where Pl clubs can sell / loan to lower league. Until the 5th there are no restrictions I can find.
I stand corrected - I knew there was a separate window where we could only buy from the EFL - I just assumed it was earlier. Should have checked the dates before posting - sorry!

As #Green Cross Code Man said, it would have been good if true.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

This.

For many reasons, always do transfer business under the radar. Subject to other parties not leaking info.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Leeds fans Bucketman not signed a new contract, that's ok we can wait it's ready for him to sign, 5 weeks it's been waiting for him to sign, Shirley they can find a pen.
White not signed a new contract, he wants out.I

Maybe Bucketman is delaying because lack of transfers. Not yet players he wants he goes.

Bucket man hasn’t signed a contract and it’s expiring.
Leeds fans: oh you don’t understand. It’s all fine he just hasn’t had enough... time. Yes, time.. to do it yet.

Ben White who has 2 years left on his contract with an optional third. (Supposedly, not proven) rejects a proposed extension.

Leeds fans: BEN WANTS TO LEAVE ITS OBVIOUS EVERYONE KNOWS IT

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

That we'll be attempting to get Ben tied down for longer in exchange for significantly better terms for him certainly won't be fabricated.

I understand his current terms are pretty modest given his status now.

But I also wouldn't take rejections of improved terms as an indication he wishes to leave. The next deal is a big one for him, and he's in quite a strong position. Along with his agent, he'll be negotiating hard, as he should.

Oh no question of that. I feel the whole Ben ‘has rejected’ our contract offer is overblown and possibly fabricated.

I have no doubt the club are working on an extension, and Ben and his agent no doubt want a pay rise, which is totally fair enough.

A back and forth for a multi million pound contract seems reasonably sensible for all parties and par for the course. And we have plenty of time as well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This window is an odd one.

It is in many respects a buyers' market as clubs want to get some players off the wage bill....

but... clubs still really want to hold onto their prize assets and not give a Covid discount on them - for those players it is still sellers' market prices.

I'm glad we now can get away with just 2 more signings - I wouldn't want to have to sign 7 or 8 this summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here