Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Leeds fan here.

With all due respect you should your club should not be holding Ben White to Ransom. Lets be honest you didn't want to know him before he was loaned out to Leeds, your coaches clearly didn't see much potential in him and he has flourished under Bielsa. I'm not implying that you should only sell him to Leeds but he clearly doesn't have any desire to play for Brighton. Liverpool or Chelsea etc could get him but is he guaranteed playing time with them? He is guaranteed with Leeds and he is Bielsa's top target and it looks like Leeds will up their offer, but for a team that did not play him a year ago he is now the best thing since slice bread to you.

If I was a betting man I would say that he will not go forward under Potter (unless you think Potter is a better coach than Bielsa) which would be laughed at by everyone and I think we will more than likely end up with him. Well over £20m will be a fantastic bit of cash for him. The only thing that will also break it for you is if White puts in a transfer request which im guessing will happen.

Im expecting you to slag me off with replies and telling me to F-off etc because I don't think many will have any constructive repliesm

Many of your fans were scathing when he arrived, thinking what a downgrade he was.

The same fans soon knew he was rather good without any input from your Latin Saviour... Just look in Twitter for posts after your first match last term....

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Leeds fan here.

With all due respect you should your club should not be holding Ben White to Ransom. Lets be honest you didn't want to know him before he was loaned out to Leeds, your coaches clearly didn't see much potential in him and he has flourished under Bielsa. I'm not implying that you should only sell him to Leeds but he clearly doesn't have any desire to play for Brighton. Liverpool or Chelsea etc could get him but is he guaranteed playing time with them? He is guaranteed with Leeds and he is Bielsa's top target and it looks like Leeds will up their offer, but for a team that did not play him a year ago he is now the best thing since slice bread to you.

If I was a betting man I would say that he will not go forward under Potter (unless you think Potter is a better coach than Bielsa) which would be laughed at by everyone and I think we will more than likely end up with him. Well over £20m will be a fantastic bit of cash for him. The only thing that will also break it for you is if White puts in a transfer request which im guessing will happen.

Im expecting you to slag me off with replies and telling me to F-off etc because I don't think many will have any constructive repliesm

I won't tell you to **** off, this isn't WACCOE........

-holding to ransom. Explain ? He's a paid employee, on a contract (that will be being renegotiated now - we have a very clear recent history of doing this with our players)
-he isn't the best thing since sliced bread - he's a promising youngster. Hardly anyone in our squad is 'guaranteed' playing time
-he's been on a development path for 6 years with us since Saints released him and our coaches REALISED HIS POTENTIAL as you put it. Loans to lesser clubs in lower divisions like Leeds were a critical part of his development
-we didn't play him a year ago because we wasn't ready. He might still not be - I don't think you lot have any idea at all of the gulf between the PL and the Championship these days
-we'll know whether Potter is better than Bielsa next season (assuming Bielsa doesn't flounce off like he has been known to do when he doesn't get his own way and you end up with Allardyce)
-you won't 'more than likely end up with him'. The chances of him going to Leeds are VERY small - and if he does, you'll have been raped for virtually your whole transfer budget and double what anyone has ever paid for a championship defender previously

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[Tweet]1148887868812738560[/tweet]

Although many of your fans knew he was rather good without any input from your Latin Saviour... Just look in Twitter for posts after your first match last term....

Would be terrible if everybody retweeted that.

And also screenshotted it for when he inevitably deletes it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Leeds fan here.another idenikit deluded muppet spouting exactly the same shit as each before you, do you each have a pull string coming out of your arse, pull and its spiels out the same crap

With all due respect you should your club should not be holding Ben White to Ransomnobody is though are they sweetheart, thats another fantasy you have created to make yourself seem relevant, he isnt being held to ransom, and he has just chosen to spend his holiday abroad with his best albion mate and just of his own choice bought a very nice pad near our training ground, are these the actions of a hostage hell bent on joining Leeds? . Lets be honest you didn't want to know him before he was loaned out to Leeds, your coaches clearly didn't see much potential in him and he has flourished under Bielsa.Lets be honest you didnt know who he was before he turned up at Leeds, that's why your fans slagged off his appointment before you'd seen him play, whereas we have followed every step of his development path from U23 to Newport - where their manager called him a future England player and where he was putting in the same tackles and diagonal long balls before 90% of your fan base had even hard of Marcelo Bielsa, Why oh why did or club refuse the loan to buy in a player they didnt see much potential in? you don't have an answer in your deluded brain do you? I'm not implying that you should only sell him to Leeds but he clearly doesn't have any desire to play for Brighton. Youre just another idiot spewing shite, for all your delusions of 1970 Leeds, you're nothing more than a championship squad minus its best player, whereas our squad is miles ahead of yours. the quality Ben will play with right now is streets ahead Liverpool or Chelsea etc could get him but is he guaranteed playing time with them? He is guaranteed with Leeds and he is Bielsa's top target Of course its easier getting game time with inferior players, the biggest fish in a small pond or a smaller fish in a much bigger talent pool, who gives a f*** what Bielsas top fourth or last targets are, thats your problem, nobody cares - and because for the last 3 seasons White has been on a carefully managed development path to our PL first team - get over the fact you were used in exactly the same way as Newport and Peterborough - A sympathy shag to gain some experience and it looks like Leeds will up their offerIf you blow your load to stand still, Bloom will make the calculation, but he alone will decide, not you or your numptey fans, but for a team that did not play him a year ago he is now the best thing since slice bread to you. No he's not the best thing since slice bread to us, hes just another slice in a pretty talented loaf, for you hes the best thing as he was your best player and the difference between another chokefest and actually doing what we did 3 years ago

If I was a betting man lucky youre not thenI would say that he will not go forward under Potter (unless you think Potter is a better coach than Bielsa) Potter hasnt failed yet, Bielsa failed spectacularly in his last job in France, like a proper train wreck before getting rightly sackedwhich would be laughed at by everyone and everyone is? you and the idiots on WACCOE?and I think we will more than likely end up with himonly if you meet Blooms valuation and only if he decides to sell, there is no other way, like none. Well over £20m will be a fantastic bit of cash for himFor a billionaire? maybe you'll sell me your flatscreen TV that ive decided I will buy for £20, great bit of cash for you. The only thing that will also break it for you is if White puts in a transfer request which im guessing will happen.Dale Stephens and Lewsi Dunk both did that, got them nowhere, both still here and both signed new contracts

Slag you off?, there's not really any point, laugh at you for being such a deluded idiot who really believes the fantasies he keeps telling himself?, maybe.......Your fans are making you a complete embarrassment and laughing stock, whats funnier is you just cant see it, so entrenched is the mass delusion

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Leeds fan here.

It's getting boring these trolls signing up and posting stuff like this. Not fooling anyone really.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
I get the feeling that doing any future loan or selling business with Leeds is a dangerous thing to do. Augustin who they don't want to pay for and Ben White who they say is 'already' theirs.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Correct.

And this is the crux of the matter that seemingly all Leeds fans (and some of our fans don’t get).

It is not our job to give fair market value.

“But but he’s played just one season in the Championship you idiot, how can he be worth £40m lolz?”

I repeat, it is NOT our job to give fair and reasonable market value. He is not for sale. Therefore any interested party would need to make an over the odds offer.

I am genuinely astonished so many can’t grasp this.

“But wait, you would turn down £30m now?? We don’t even need him lol”

Whatever you think about him as a player. He is an asset under contract to us. To sell now, on the eve of his Premier League debut season, where he has a good chance of an England call up would be utter lunacy. His price can literally double in a years time.

And then that’s just the business side.

When was the last time we had big clubs sniffing around one of our young players? Being mentioned by the England manager so early on?

And there are Albion fans quite happy to accept the first bids. Astonishing.
Bingo, why do some just not get it we do not need or want to sell therefore potential buyers must make it worth our while not the other way around.
Think Leicester and Mcguire was he worth 80mill, no way but that's what united had to pay if they wanted him.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Leeds fan here.

With all due respect, you are talking rubbish. You, and many Leeds fans, don't seem to understand what the loan system is for. It is a great way to develop players.

It is clearly documented, from your end, that we refused a clause to buy at the end of the loan. Clearly this is because we had no intention of selling.

As for hearing of Ben White, I saw him play away to Oxford in the League Cup four years ago so was well aware who he is. I was also aware he'd played in the Newport team who beat Leeds in the FA Cup

You probably won't get many constructive replies because your post is arrogant and sanctimonious, like most Leeds fans

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's going to be a bit awkward if he does end up signing for leeds.

The awkwardness will be (as usual) that the fee will be 'undisclosed', and the Delusionals will be spouting off that they won and 'we got him for 10m because he wanted to leave/refused to play/hated Brighton etc etc (the reality will be at least £35M+ add-ons of course)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Lets be honest you didn't want to know him before he was loaned out to Leeds

Some other players clubs "didn't want to know" in the early stages of their career;

David Beckham (Manchester United)
Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)

Never heard of either of them.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Of course its not, they'll delude themselves whatever way it pans out, hes either a hostage held against his will when he really wants to join them, or he chose Leeds because its a bigger club etc etc

The reality is, hes not held to ransom, hes a contracted albion 20/21 first team squad member and if any club (including Leeds) meets our chairmans high valuation for a player that hasnt kicked a PL ball yet and breaks the championship transfer record, it will be a sign of their desperation to pay through the nose just to stand still with last seasons championship squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Northchatty

Banned
Aug 9, 2020
I get the feeling that doing any future loan or selling business with Leeds is a dangerous thing to do. Augustin who they don't want to pay for and Ben White who they say is 'already' theirs.

No one says Ben is ours, he's yours. No one is really answering my question without using the word 'deluded' yet again!! If you thought highly of him why have you never played him. He is clearly better than what you had when you loaned him to Leeds so why loan him out when he is already in his 20s? No one seems to wants to answer this. It's just a question but some are skipping the answer.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

It'll be hilarious!

Leeds will have to be put straight into the group stages of the CL, because that's where they belong as they're sooo good and they are right and and and I'm going to throw up!

£30m to have the same championship squad as last year . I think we need to count their fingers......let's be 'avin' you

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Leeds fan here.

What do you find most embarrassing the t-shirt, the mug or the website?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

IF he does they will be splurging a big chunk of their budget.....to not improve their team one iota. He may go but it will be for a record transfer fee for a player who hasn’t played above the Championship in England

I get that your Albion mojo is very low but try and be just a little bit positive occasionally :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here