Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Leeds fan here.

With all due respect you should your club should not be holding Ben White to Ransom. Lets be honest you didn't want to know him before he was loaned out to Leeds, your coaches clearly didn't see much potential in him and he has flourished under Bielsa. I'm not implying that you should only sell him to Leeds but he clearly doesn't have any desire to play for Brighton. Liverpool or Chelsea etc could get him but is he guaranteed playing time with them? He is guaranteed with Leeds and he is Bielsa's top target and it looks like Leeds will up their offer, but for a team that did not play him a year ago he is now the best thing since slice bread to you.

If I was a betting man I would say that he will not go forward under Potter (unless you think Potter is a better coach than Bielsa) which would be laughed at by everyone and I think we will more than likely end up with him. Well over £20m will be a fantastic bit of cash for him. The only thing that will also break it for you is if White puts in a transfer request which im guessing will happen.

Im expecting you to slag me off with replies and telling me to F-off etc because I don't think many will have any constructive repliesm

What is repliesm?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Leeds fan here.

With all due respect you should your club should not be holding Ben White to Ransom. Lets be honest you didn't want to know him before he was loaned out to Leeds, your coaches clearly didn't see much potential in him and he has flourished under Bielsa. I'm not implying that you should only sell him to Leeds but he clearly doesn't have any desire to play for Brighton. Liverpool or Chelsea etc could get him but is he guaranteed playing time with them? He is guaranteed with Leeds and he is Bielsa's top target and it looks like Leeds will up their offer, but for a team that did not play him a year ago he is now the best thing since slice bread to you.

If I was a betting man I would say that he will not go forward under Potter (unless you think Potter is a better coach than Bielsa) which would be laughed at by everyone and I think we will more than likely end up with him. Well over £20m will be a fantastic bit of cash for him. The only thing that will also break it for you is if White puts in a transfer request which im guessing will happen.

Im expecting you to slag me off with replies and telling me to F-off etc because I don't think many will have any constructive repliesm

Incidentally as I'm sure you've been made aware we dont need to accept a transfer request. The ball is very much in our court

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Leeds fan here.

More delusional tosh

Keep it coming , loving the entertainment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Leeds fan here.

You didn’t know anything about him [emoji736]
Brighton do not rate him [emoji736]
Bielsa made him [emoji736]
He’s not worth more than £20m [emoji736]
We are holding him against his will [emoji736]

Just need his girlfriend lives up here and all his new mates and I have a full house of the Leeds party line

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Leeds fan here.

:lolol: Good luck fishing with that nonsense. If I were you I'd start by editing the first sentence into something legible, then you might stand a chance of catching a few. :lolol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ben White

We’ve all known about Ben White for a long time , Leeds fans had never heard of him 12 months ago

He started every game didn’t he ? So he was already very good ( thanks to our development)

So Bielsa never made him if he started from day one

Deluded clowns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Leeds fan here.

Thanks for going to the effort of signing up so you could spout the same crap as every other delusional Leeds fan has in the last month.

Northchatty

Banned
Aug 9, 2020
The words 'delusional' and 'deluded' seem to be popular words.

Ok, any idea why Ben White has rejected two improved offers by Brighton? Can anyone answer this?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Leeds fan here.

I’m sure we’d have some constructive ‘repliesm’ if you had anything, I mean anything, worth saying, so yeah, eff off.

Last edited:

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Leeds fan here.

Lol the same Ben White who as an 17 year old sat on Brighton’s bench at Elland Road the season we were promoted?
The same Ben white we gave an opportunity to that coaches saw potential in after his release by Southampton?
The same Ben White who earns rave reviews at Newport with their manager long before Bielsa saw him said he would be an England international.
The same Ben White who had a great time also in Peterborough
The same Ben White whose just been away with his best mate Aaron Connolly
But none of us know who he is and he’s an alien to our coaches.

Football existed long before Leeds made it back to the premier league this year.
Maybe we actually have a set up that allows this and this is the start of fruition of a long line of players from the academy.
It had been suggested you want to borrow another one of ours as White was out your reach now. Have a good look through. We currently have 10 CBS that would most likely walk into your side.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Leeds fan here.

A few years ago spurs came sniffing. A few days later BW signed a new contract with us. Later on you benefited from his development plan. THE END.

You have no idea how this works so you?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leeds fan here.

Amazing, isn't it, how he was a reserve team nobody when you signed him on loan, and within a few hours of training under Bielsa, he'd become a talented footballer?

Equally amazing how BHAFC "didn't rate" him, yet when The Leeds United tried to insert a right-to-buy clause into the loan deal, Albion said no. Weird, that: you'd have thought we'd have been desperate for you to take him permanently, given how little we thought of him.

StroudSeagull

Mar 27, 2018
I'm sure that after the year he has had Ben White would, given a choice, like to return to Leeds. What I don't understand though is the immediate assumption that this means he doesn't want to play for Brighton and would try to force a deal. This is the club that took him on when he was released at 16, and have given him the opportunities to develop his career to where he is today. It would be a bit odd to lose all respect or loyalty for the club after a single loan spell. This is what he said when signing his new contract in 2018:

“The deal here means the club have put faith and trust in me – it’s really big for myself and my family.

“I was released from Southampton when I was 16 and this club gave me a scholarship and took me all the way until now, so I’m very grateful for that.”

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
In all of these discussions one view that I have found most amazing from Leeds fans is that they genuinely don't believe they are direct relegation rivals to us.
If you mention that fact in any online discussions they see Brighton's future as being annual relegation strugglers, while they sail into the sunny uplands of being a comfortable top ten team.

I think their lack of humility is quite astounding, and their progress will be closely monitored by far more non-Leeds fans than previously.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Leeds fan here.

With all due respect you should your club should not be holding Ben White to Ransom(1). Lets be honest you didn't want to know him before he was loaned out to Leeds(2), your coaches clearly didn't see much potential in him(3) and he has flourished under Bielsa. I'm not implying that you should only sell him to Leeds but he clearly doesn't have any desire to play for Brighton. Liverpool or Chelsea etc could get him but is he guaranteed playing time with them? He is guaranteed with Leeds and he is Bielsa's top target and it looks like Leeds will up their offer, but for a team that did not play him a year ago he is now the best thing since slice bread to you.

If I was a betting man I would say that he will not go forward under Potter (unless you think Potter is a better coach than Bielsa)(4) which would be laughed at by everyone and I think we will more than likely end up with him. Well over £20m will be a fantastic bit of cash for him. The only thing that will also break it for you is if White puts in a transfer request which im guessing will happen.

Im expecting you to slag me off with replies and telling me to F-off(5) etc because I don't think many will have any constructive repliesm

(1) Eh? Ben White seemed happy enough to sign a new, three-year contract with Albion (plus a club one-year option) last July. If you are willing to commit yourself to a club for up to four years, you must be pretty darned content with how your career at Albion is developing.

(2) It is bizarre that Leeds fans seem to have decided we knew nothing about Ben White before August of last year. For the benefit of our new "friends" who are dropping in from Yorkshire, he was described on here as "the standout performer" when he featured against Colchester United in the League Cup FOUR YEARS AGO, and I wrote up a detailed profile of him on here EIGHT MONTHS before he joined some Championship club - U-23 Player Profile - Ben White

(3) Yep, our coaches saw so little potential in him that we committed to him for four years and refused to put a right-to-buy clause into the loan agreement :facepalm:

(4) :lol: The most laughable thing about your comment is that you pretend to have any clue about Potter and his managerial capabilities.

(5) You're wrong. About pretty much everything.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Leeds fan here.

Obviously a Palace fan, no real fan of football is this stupid [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ben White

Leeds fan here.

Oh this will be fun. We’ve caught one! Nice to rate their delusion “live” for a change (for followers of the “Deluded” thread)

Bielsa made Ben White the player he is [emoji3581]
Brighton didn’t want him [emoji3581]
Nobody knew who he was before he joined Leeds [emoji3581]
Doesn’t understand the loan system [emoji3581]
General delusion [emoji3581]

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
That post was flawed in one way or another in just about every sentence. Really underlines the need to up our educational standards in this country. Wouldn’t happen in Germany

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leeds fan here.

You think us fans don't follow our players who go out on loan? There are hundreds like me who have watched Millwall games just because of Jason Molumby, or Derby matches to watch Matt Clarke, Blackburn to watch Walton. We know that all of these players were close to Prem standard as it was, and White was no exception.

Indeed, the lad was Newport's Player of the Season in 2017/18 with their manager describing Ben as "the best loan signing the club has ever made", and many of us enjoyed watching him play in the Newport side that knocked Leeds out of the FA Cup in Jan 18 and the following match vs Spurs.

You know nothing about Potter and his coaching abilities. Clearly, it would be better for White to be playing alongside England international Lewis Dunk, Aussie keeper Matt Ryan, exciting England Under-18/19/20 full back Lamptey and Ajax new recruit Veltman than your "relegation written all over it" defence of Meslier, Ayling, Cooper and Dallas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here