Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ben sherman new sponsor

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Ben sherman had very much a brighton connection with a factory and I believe my Mum worked for him.

Would be a novelty to have button down collers and maybe we could have blue & white checks, although I don't think the tapered down slim fit would quite suit me!

Stumpy Tim

How can anyone say Ben Sherman has no connection to Brighton. When I think Ben Sherman the first place I think of is Brighton. I have countless Ben Sherman T-Shirts and half of them reference Brighton somewhere.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
One benefit of course will be the charity shops round Selhurst Park being suddenly full of them when the deal is announced.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
ben sherman even do a range described as BRIGHTON FIT

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
This comes up every time we have this discussion.

Amex have NO interest in football sponsorship. Their sporting interests are solely for games and events that Americans enjoy (golf tournaments being one of their favourites).

They've had that big ugly box in Brighton for over 30 years and never shown an interest in the past.

Apart from anything else football is still seen as a sport predominantly enjoyed by the working classes, and regardless of how inaccurate this may be today they're still not going to associate themselves with something so common when they're always bleating on about being oh so exclusive (despite the fact that in practise this really isn't the case anymore)

Malcom Stewart's wife is well up the food chain their???

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
How can anyone say Ben Sherman has no connection to Brighton. When I think Ben Sherman the first place I think of is Brighton. I have countless Ben Sherman T-Shirts and half of them reference Brighton somewhere.

The company was founded in 1963 by Arthur Bernard Sugarman (1925-1987), who was born in Brighton as a son of a Jewish salesman. He emigrated to the United States in 1946 via Canada and changed his nationality to American. He married the daughter of a Californian clothes producer and went back to Brighton later where he bought a concourse shirt factory. The brand became famous for being sported by several well-known musicians and singers. It was the first company to produce the famous Oxford button-down shirt, which became a fashion staple for mods, skinheads and suedeheads. The brand has been the fourth largest men's casual wear brand in the United Kingdom.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
This comes up every time we have this discussion.

Amex have NO interest in football sponsorship. Their sporting interests are solely for games and events that Americans enjoy (golf tournaments being one of their favourites).

They've had that big ugly box in Brighton for over 30 years and never shown an interest in the past.

Apart from anything else football is still seen as a sport predominantly enjoyed by the working classes, and regardless of how inaccurate this may be today they're still not going to associate themselves with something so common when they're always bleating on about being oh so exclusive (despite the fact that in practise this really isn't the case anymore)
Not quite true. I heard a bit of interest was shown in sponsoring Chelsea a couple of years ago when their contract ended (I think) with Emirates. The main man is based in London and has a box at the Bridge.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Would be a BRILLIANT replacement for skint. Seems unlikely though, sadly.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Would look OK on the front of the shirt, should really be on the back of the shorts though!!

bensherman_logo.jpeg

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
American Express Head office is in Brighton isn't it? and i don't think they sponsor anybody else

Amex has their EMEA headquaters in brighton but then so do Lloyds TSB credit cards and vanquis cards,

in honesty i cannot see amex wanting to sponsor a football team, as said earlier they would be more into golf/sailing

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
If we have 'Ben Sherman' on our shirts then I'm going to fly to Italy and torch the Errea factory.

Aren't Ben Sherman clothes for 16 year olds trying to look 'smart' when entering west street pubs and clubs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here