Dandyman

In London village.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bellotti is a Lib Dem, right?

The Lib Dem conference is in Brighton this year, right?

:D

There'd probably be some kind of reward for causing him serious harm or killing him, if he were dumb enough to show up.

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
David Frank Bellotti (born August 13, 1943) is a complete and utter f***ing prick who did his damndest to murder my beloved local football team.

Bellotti contested the seat of Lewes in the 1983 and 1987 general elections under the Liberal banner. He then won the parliamentary seat of Eastbourne for the Liberal Democrats in a 1990 by-election following the murder of Ian Gow MP by the IRA. Two years later Bellotti was defeated by Nigel Waterson in the 1992 general election in which John Major's Conservative Party was re-elected.

David Bellotti returned to local government regaining a seat on the council. He then became CEO of Brighton & Hove Albion, a position which gained him much local notoriety due to his involvement in the sale of the club's ground, and resulted in a large amount of (sadly empty) death threats against this piece of human detritus from loyal Brighton & Hove Albion fans sick of watching him piss their club down the drain.. For a time he was also the chairman of the Sussex police authority.

After leaving the football club and losing his council seat Bellotti moved to Bath and became election agent for Don Foster MP. In May 2003 David Bellotti was elected councillor for Lyncombe ward on Bath and North East Somerset council.

:albion: Good work.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Heard an amazing story from someone at the club about Bellotti last night. I only have one source, and it hasn't been confirmed, so may be an apocryphal tale...

When Bellotti was finally given his marching orders from the Albion, one of the last things he did was to gather the file with the names and addresses of all season ticket holders from his office at The Goldstone Ground, and hand it over to the police to run a criminal check on each and every one.

Incredible, isn't it? Of course, if anyone had known about this at the time, they could always have contacted the chairman of Sussex Police Authority to complain. The chairman's name? David Bellotti.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Withdean Wanderer said:
Well played Scissorhands

He just posted it, it was actually....someone else, yeah, that sounded convincing....who did the editing.

Wasn't me though. No, not at all. I would never be so immature.

:lolol: :lolol:

Bigtk

Nov 20, 2005
AlexFrutos said:
He just posted it, it was actually....someone else, yeah, that sounded convincing....who did the editing.

Wasn't me though. No, not at all. I would never be so immature.

:lolol:

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
The Large One said:
Heard an amazing story from someone at the club about Bellotti last night. I only have one source, and it hasn't been confirmed, so may be an apocryphal tale...

When Bellotti was finally given his marching orders from the Albion, one of the last things he did was to gather the file with the names and addresses of all season ticket holders from his office at The Goldstone Ground, and hand it over to the police to run a criminal check on each and every one.

Incredible, isn't it? Of course, if anyone had known about this at the time, they could always have contacted the chairman of Sussex Police Authority to complain. The chairman's name? David Bellotti.

As much as I hate Bellotti I have to say i think this story is likely to be complete bullshit. I can't imagine anyone in the Police being remotely interested in a random list of names and addresses of people not connected with or suspected of any criminal offence, (last time I looked being an Albion season ticket holder was not a criminal offence, although it does seem like one sometimes!). I'd like to know what grounds the Police would have to run a PNC check on the list? It would have to be logged somewhere and be a justifiable and relevant reason. A story invented methinks to make us hate the odious twat even more than we already did. Still you could make a request of Sussex Police under the freedom of information act to confirm it or not although I feel you would be wasting your time.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Bellotti = Wanker FACT

Dandyman

In London village.
AlexFrutos said:
Some naughty person (and actually not me this time around), has been at the Bill Archer one as well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Archer_(businessman)

Bill Archer is a complete and utter prick for attempting to destory my beloved Brighton & Hove Albion who has also turned out to be highly successful businessman, who has accumulated a massive personal fortune from his DIY company. He now resides in the north of England, seeing as how any move south of London on his part would probably result in serious physical harm being done to him by people who have neither forgiven nor forgotten what this piece of human scum, with the help of the equally disgusting David Bellotti, did to Brighton & Hove Albion FC in the late 1990's.

A businessman that took over the ailing Brighton & Hove Albion football club for £56.25 and realised a considerable profit by selling on the Club's football ground — the Goldstone Ground — to Chartwell Land, a property development company. This was, however, an unpopular move as it ruined Brighton & Hove Albion F.C. who have not recovered to this day and are still stuck without a permanent home nearly 10 years later due to the reprehensible actions of this piece of Grade-A shit and his equally money-grabbing cronies.

Other businesses that have proven successful include Focus DIY & Wickes Home Improvement Centres.

In 2005 he sold Wickes to Travis Perkins. He continues to run Focus.

Archer features in the annual Sunday Times Rich List, at #305 in the 2005 list.

Good work, sir.

1066gull

The bastards suspended my account again for doing that to Archer!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Dandyman said:

A businessman that took over the ailing Brighton & Hove Albion football club for £56.25 and realised a considerable profit by selling on the Club's football ground — the Goldstone Ground — to Chartwell Land, a property development company.

As much as Archer may be a wanker he did not make any money out of the Albion. In fact he wrote off £700,000 that he lent to the club when Dick Knight persuaded him to end his involvement with the club.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Looks like they've changed the Archer one back to remove all of the insults...the Bellotti one remains in it's edited form at present though.

:lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here