Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bellotti said history would judge them

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Re: Re: Re: Re: Bellotti said history would judge them

3gulls said:
Archer was minted and could have invested his money in the Club? Probably not so inclined to do that with the crowd after his head! :nono:

Idiot - read the book!!

:nono: :eek: :censored:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bellotti said history would judge them

The Large One said:
Leave him alone - he won't read the book because it doesn't come with free crayons.
What, not even this one?
index.jpg

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
attila said:
Blimey. This one just beggars belief.

ARCHER WOULD NOT HAVE BUILT A GROUND FOR THE ALBION.
EVER.
FULL STOP.
GOT IT?
I KNOW.

What he said :flameboun

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
BensGrandad said:
Just to put the records straight Greg Stanley never ever wanted to build a stadium on Toads Hole and in fact went on the radio after an evening game and said that Toads Hole was out of the question because of the mist and he quoted that had we been playing there on that particular evening the game would have been called off and so would numerous other games during the winter and we could not afford the postponments.

Also I do not recollect there ever being a stipulation about the ground being within 8 miles of Brighton town centre until after we had been at Gillingham and had started making enquiries about ground sharing with Millwall etc.

Finally it was Hampshire Police that put the stop on us ground sharing with Portsmouth as they would not allow it.

Anything else as to whether or not we would have a ground by now is pure conjecture dependant on how you wish to view the situation there is nobody who can give an outright Yes or No answer.

In case anybody wishes to raise it I am not sticking up for them in any way shape or form just passing on facts as I saw them.

Trouble is Stanley talked out of his arse, and lied repeatably about the Goldstone not being up for sale, not a god source of information ....

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
The situation was that there were loans secured on the Goldstone which were called in as soon as it was sold to Chartwell. Everyone knew that the Goldstone would eventually have to be sold, but it was crazy to do it before securing planning permission on another site. It was the fact that they sold out and then the now infamous no profits clause beeing removed without the rest of the boards knowledge that set off warning bells. Without wishing to enter dodgy legal territory, the huge ammount of money Chartwell made from selling it later (over 20M can't remember the exact fig) caused some people to wonder if Archer had some sort of interest with that sale although this has never been proved.

Archer is scum, end of.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
BensGrandad said:
Just to put the records straight Greg Stanley never ever wanted to build a stadium on Toads Hole and in fact went on the radio after an evening game and said that Toads Hole was out of the question because of the mist and he quoted that had we been playing there on that particular evening the game would have been called off and so would numerous other games during the winter and we could not afford the postponments.

I am sure this is wrong. I remember Bellotti and Archer giving a press conference announcing plans to build a stadium at Toads Hole Valley in '95 poss? Stanley must have been party to that as he was on the board at the time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
271199.jpg

Welcome Mr Bellotti. I am the ghost of the Goldstone...have a seat

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
I look forward to dancing on Archers, Bellotti's and Stanley's graves when they finally depart this world for hell

Last edited:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Welcome to Hades Mr Archer.

We have been expecting you.

Attachments

• images (medium).jpg
    images (medium).jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Rusco said:
I look forward to dancing on Archers, Bellotti's and Stanley's graves when they finally depart this world for hell

Knowing our luck they'll be buried at sea!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Southy said:
The situation was that there were loans secured on the Goldstone which were called in as soon as it was sold to Chartwell. Everyone knew that the Goldstone would eventually have to be sold, but it was crazy to do it before securing planning permission on another site. It was the fact that they sold out and then the now infamous no profits clause beeing removed without the rest of the boards knowledge that set off warning bells. Without wishing to enter dodgy legal territory, the huge ammount of money Chartwell made from selling it later (over 20M can't remember the exact fig) caused some people to wonder if Archer had some sort of interest with that sale although this has never been proved.

Archer is scum, end of.

I actually challenged David Bellotti on an SCR phone in in 1995 - and guess what, i was told by the presenter not to mention the ground and financial issues!

Anyway, having got on and pretended to talk about the playing side, I then asked bellotti why he sold the ground - his answer was that the bank had insisted on the mortgage being repaid. I knew (don't ask me how), that Barclays had NEVER demanded repayment of the mortgage. In fact the truth was that as with any mortgage, rather than the bank demanding repayment and then you selling your house, it was a case of the house being sold and then having to pay off the debt.

I got cut off!!

So, if history teaches us anything - it is that David Bellotti blatantly lied and wasn't clever enough to know that any reasonably savvy person could have spotted it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Southy said:
[A]
I am sure this is wrong. I remember Bellotti and Archer giving a press conference announcing plans to build a stadium at Toads Hole Valley in '95 poss? Stanley must have been party to that as he was on the board at the time. [/B]

Stanley was Chairman but Archer pulled the strings and this is what Archer & Bellotti wanted not Stanley.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
[/a] QUOTE
I actually challenged David Bellotti on an SCR phone in in 1995 - and guess what, i was told by the presenter not to mention the ground and financial issues!

Anyway, having got on and pretended to talk about the playing side, I then asked bellotti why he sold the ground - his answer was that the bank had insisted on the mortgage being repaid. I knew (don't ask me how), that Barclays had NEVER demanded repayment of the mortgage. In fact the truth was that as with any mortgage, rather than the bank demanding repayment and then you selling your house, it was a case of the house being sold and then having to pay off the debt.

I got cut off!!

So, if history teaches us anything - it is that David Bellotti blatantly lied and wasn't clever enough to know that any reasonably savvy person could have spotted it. [/B] Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly what I said earlier Bellotti did many fans phone ins but was selective in what questions he answered. To his credit DK just says I will not answer that question which is far better than Bellotti's ' you can't ask that question'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here