Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Behaviour of away fans at the Amex [posts split from another thread]

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Some context: this thread was created by splitting out posts from another thread that had morphed into two separate discussion topics. [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] did not start this thread, as such, but it was his post that began the second topic in a thread that moved in different directions.

As such he did not name this thread, it was I the evil overlord Bozza. I will happily rename it to whatever [MENTION=3887]Uncle Spielberg[/MENTION] wishes it to be.

It was an action of active moderation, to ensure that two different, yet equally important, topics could be discussed in an unmuddled fashion. There was no malice or mischief intended.

A fundamental example of how the people who made the decisions do not not understand football and the passion of the game. I was told on a tour, opposing fans were welcome to mingle around all the concourses after the game and I thought, WTF, have you lost your mind ? In a perfect World that would be great but it is not.

Last edited by a moderator:

A fundamental example of how the people who made the decisions do not not understand football and the passion of the game. I was told on a tour, opposing fans were welcome to mingle around all the concourses after the game and I thought, WTF, have you lost your mind ? In a perfect World that would be great but it is not.
In the post-match world of the North Stand Concourse, the mix of home and away fans, discussing and debating the game, has delivered some real pleasure this season.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

But it has been great at the Amex. Most opposing fans are decent sorts - the same as all of us, just with different colours. We mingle in pubs before games, we mingle in the bars of the Amex after. It's brilliant and just how it should be!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But it has been great at the Amex. Most opposing fans are decent sorts - the same as all of us, just with different colours. We mingle in pubs before games, we mingle in the bars of the Amex after. It's brilliant and just how it should be!

Most of them call us a bunch of homo's and slag off the stadium in my experience.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think every encounter I have had this season from opposing fans is to have homophobic filth shouted at me.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Most of them call us a bunch of homo's and slag off the stadium in my experience.

Thats a load of bollox, a minority do, only if they get beat, the true fans mingle and discuss the match.
To say most of them is totally wrong.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Agreed. It was a radical idea in terms of supporter matchday experience & to my knowledge, its been a success. I don't usually hang around after games, but afaik, there's been no incidents or fisticuffs in the North Stand Concourse, post match?

Obviously, there's teams we play where the above arrangement would be too risky. We all know who those teams are & it makes sense to suspend the arrangement on those days. Its a shame, but as we know, some teams have a higher percentage of idiots' who follow them.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thats a load of bollox, a minority do, only if they get beat, the true fans mingle and discuss the match.
To say most of them is totally wrong.

I don't do " mingling " so my only matchday experience is to be called a raving woofter where I sit near the away fans for 90 minutes with limp wrists, c*ck in the mouth gestures and w*nkers signs and then outside question if I have aids ? That is my experience this season and have never met such a bunch of low life's from away fans in a season as I have this season.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I don't do " mingling " so my only matchday experience is to be called a raving woofter where I sit near the away fans for 90 minutes with limp wrists, c*ck in the mouth gestures and w*nkers signs and then outside question if I have aids. That is my experience this season and have never met such a bunch of low life's from away fans in a season as I have this season.

But that is like your flounces on here, you take to much to heart.
It has got nothing to do with "mingling", its having a drink after and taking to football fans
I suggest you grow some balls or go into the North stand concourse or the lower west, never encountered anybody in those areas that you seem to get upset about.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I suggest you grow some balls or go into the North stand concourse or the lower west, never encountered anybody in those areas that you seem to get upset about.

Just telling it how it is.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It has got nothing to do with "mingling", its having a drink after and taking to football fans

The North Stand are not sitting 50 feet from where I am seeing the things I do.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Then move seats

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The overall conduct of the away fans means I have no great desire to meet any of them.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
FFS, what do you expect them to do, bring a f***ing picnic and pass you a sandwich.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just telling it how it is.

No, no you're not.

Let's step back - this is about the Albion's rather innovative plans for allowing opposing supporters to mix in bars post-match. You brought it up here...

I was told on a tour, opposing fans were welcome to mingle around all the concourses after the game and I thought, WTF, have you lost your mind ? In a perfect World that would be great but it is not.

I then said:

...and you then said:

I think every encounter I have had this season from opposing fans is to have homophobic filth shouted at me.

You've since revealed that you do not mingle which, I've interpreted it correctly, sounds like you've possibly NEVER had a post-match beer in the Amex and chewed the cud for a bit. Let me tell you something - you've missed out on a massive part of the joy of a home match. The Albion's plan has worked amazingly well, for home fans, away fans and, heavens above, groups of them together.

As the weather warms please find some time to head around to the North after the game and have a pint or two under the shadow of the West Stand roof high above. It's a wonderful, wonderful place to be - more so after a win. You will probably see and hear some opposing fans and it is highly likely to be good natured banter and chat. People will smile and enjoy themselves. If I'm there I'll buy you a pint.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
FFS, what do you expect them to do, bring a f***ing picnic and pass you a sandwich.

Not really but it seems the behaviour is acceptable to you. I don't really know why people are standing up for the away supporters when without exception they have said the Amex is a souless piece of crap and the abuse has been off the scale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here