Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Begrudging Admiration from Swindon fans...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I noticed on their forum 'the town end' a thread about us selling 18,400 season tickets.

Disbelief from some, admiration from others and several who still maintain that Swindon are as big as Brighton!! :lol:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Have they finally worked out that there may have been a connection between their appalling season and the loss of Gordon Greer?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
And Billy Paynter and Charlie Austin...

What did they expect??

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I don't know what some people on here expect. To me that's a reasonable discussion and no different from the range of repies you'd expect to a similar thread on here.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I don't know what some people on here expect. To me that's a reasonable discussion and no different from the range of repies you'd expect to a similar thread on here.

Wasn't 'expecting' anything merely posted the thread as I thought fellow fans may be interested in their views.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Got to feel for them. They ARE a similar size club with a similar history and expectations. Both clubs have regularly cycled between league 2 and the championship (or their equivalents) throughout most of their histories and probably both average out as being an upper league one club. For the moment we are on an upward trajectory which we all hope will maybe make us (at worst) a yo-yo club between the premiership and the championship and has restored our support base to a level we haven't seen in thirty years - at least we have that aspiration and Swindon fans must rightly look at us and say what might have been if their Board had invested as promised instead of holding back. I have a bad feeling that it is all about to go pear-shaped for them and I suspect many of their fans are at best unsure about the integrity of their owners. It's a great time to be an Albion supporter but let's not forget the Plymouths and the Swindons because we have been there too.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Got to feel for them. They ARE a similar size club with a similar history and expectations. Both clubs have regularly cycled between league 2 and the championship (or their equivalents) throughout most of their histories and probably both average out as being an upper league one club. For the moment we are on an upward trajectory which we all hope will maybe make us (at worst) a yo-yo club between the premiership and the championship and has restored our support base to a level we haven't seen in thirty years - at least we have that aspiration and Swindon fans must rightly look at us and say what might have been if their Board had invested as promised instead of holding back. I have a bad feeling that it is all about to go pear-shaped for them and I suspect many of their fans are at best unsure about the integrity of their owners. It's a great time to be an Albion supporter but let's not forget the Plymouths and the Swindons because we have been there too.

Top post

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

As much as I hate Swindon.... I agree.

Boris Yeltsin

MR PRESIDENT to you, mate
Feb 13, 2008
Moscow
I noticed the comments about Crawley. CTFC don't appear to be much liked. For some reason...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Got to feel for them. They ARE a similar size club with a similar history and expectations. Both clubs have regularly cycled between league 2 and the championship (or their equivalents) throughout most of their histories and probably both average out as being an upper league one club. For the moment we are on an upward trajectory which we all hope will maybe make us (at worst) a yo-yo club between the premiership and the championship and has restored our support base to a level we haven't seen in thirty years - at least we have that aspiration and Swindon fans must rightly look at us and say what might have been if their Board had invested as promised instead of holding back. I have a bad feeling that it is all about to go pear-shaped for them and I suspect many of their fans are at best unsure about the integrity of their owners. It's a great time to be an Albion supporter but let's not forget the Plymouths and the
Swindons because we have been there too.

I think your spot on SG I can see them finishing bottom 6 in League 2 next season

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
There was something quite nice about Swindon doing well last season - their team was largely made up of either unproven youngsters or lower-league journeymen with a bit of a point to prove. Whilst they didn't react brilliantly to the sale of Greer (what would we say if, say, Huddersfield tried to sign him off us over the summer?) it is sad that the play-off defeat affected them so badly. Unfortunately, if you take Paynter, Austin, Morrison and Greer out of an already thin L1 squad (and don't replace them) then that is what happens.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It should be remembered that Swindon have been in the top flight far more recently than we have. Mind you so have the likes of Oldham and Bradford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here