Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Before slitting your wrists.. Read what Bolton fans had to say about the game

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
From their message board:-

"What an absolute dicking that was. Poor team selection. Mears dreadful, end of. How he is in the team ahead of Ricketts is beyond me. Brighton should have won by at least 5. Bogdan pulled off 2 or 3 world class saves. We got in behind them once and that's when we scored. We chased shadows for the majority of the match and Brighton looked really good. Their goal was a looping top corner finish from 20yrds out which stemmed from one of many free kicks we gave away from outside the box. The equaliser came from an Eagles run down the left wing and absolutely skinned their full back, the goal scorer, and pulled it back to Ngog who pulled the trigger and took what seemed an age to find the net. I was sat in the Brighton end and the Bolton fans kicked off with one another a few times. N'gog was man of the match for me. Worked hard and held it up well when he had the ball. His best performance in a Bolton shirt. unbeaten in 5 now. Not done that since Megson was in charge.

"Daylight robbery but ecstatic with the undeserved point. On a separate note a young lad called Bridcott looks a great player. Played in the same role as Ream in front of the back four and fills in as 3rd centre half at times. Never heard of him."

And:-

"If you weren't one of the 1274 travelling fans you missed the escape of the season. DN equalised in the 96th minute. We could have lost 5/6 nil and deservedly up to half-time..."

See? The Albion weren't so bad after all, were we?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Think we did ok-Bolton seemed average at best,but we were not great,a penalty miss & the follow up,a good shoot from Orlandi that hit the bar,and hit the bar a few moments later from another shot-

Did we get behind them enough? no.
we were too controlled,like robots,give CMS a partner at home.
Personally i thought we were average

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
Yeah we should have won by a good margin. But we didn't, did we? Poor.

Correct,but that's life.Still rather watch us play the Gus way than hoofball.We may not get promoted this season but that is no loss as it gives Gus enough time to build a team to stay up in the premiership.

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
but high praise indeed from freedman, fantastis and wonderfull were two words he used to describe us today, and for once he was spot on.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
but high praise indeed from freedman, fantastis and wonderfull were two words he used to describe us today, and for once he was spot on.

If they hadnt scored there equaliser i wonder if he would have been so charitable...spent an awful long time moaning at the 4th official re the 'handball' that led up to our goal

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I read one of their forums earlier and enjoyed this comment: "This performance is like something out of a 50 Shades of Grey novel. We're getting dominated throughout."

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
.........Still rather watch us play the Gus way than hoofball.We may not get promoted this season but that is no loss as it gives Gus enough time to build a team to stay up in the premiership.

Well said, sir, I echo these sentiments.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Sounds like the fans of every away team at the Amex this season. We make a lot of sides look very poor but still can't beat them.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Correct,but that's life.Still rather watch us play the Gus way than hoofball.We may not get promoted this season but that is no loss as it gives Gus enough time to build a team to stay up in the premiership.

Spot on mate, was gutted when they scored but am already over it and enjoying the fact that we were so much better than them. Personally, I only want us to go in The Prem when we're ready and that's not yet.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For crying out loud, chaps, deal with it & move on. We played really well, didn't quite get over the line thanks to a late mugging, but are still well in touch with the top six with ages of the season left, unbeaten in six, & playing some great football. Our bookings are well down, we haven't had a red yet, & so far we're drawing games we would have lost last season.

Imagine how good we're going to be when we really hit our straps? Better to do that late & run in hot than lead early & fade. Slow & steady wins the race. Sometimes we're brilliant...show a little patience & those "sometimes" will become "mostlys".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bogdan was one of the best keepers I've seen for a long time and the Bolton fan was right, he did have to make 2 or 3 class saves to keep us out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here