Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham to the amex?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Somebody mention the midget Tom Cruise. Beckham coming to play for Brighton is about as likely as Cruise playing Jack Reacher............................... Oh bugger.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The OP really does post a lot of shit which backs up what plenty have said about him previously

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Apart from the football side it is now not even a good financial business proposition as he is well past his sell by date and the sales of merchandise wouldnt earn us much now. 12 or 18 months ago perhaps but not now.

You are having a TURKISH BATH. If Beckham signed for us then every single junior seagull (and many adults for that matter) would have his name on the back of their shirt. He would bring in MILLIONS in merchandising and ticket sales.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are having a TURKISH BATH. If Beckham signed for us then every single junior seagull (and many adults for that matter) would have his name on the back of their shirt. He would bring in MILLIONS in merchandising and ticket sales.

I dont agree and if you are going to use rhyming slang use the correct word.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
you're joking, right? David beckham, the most capped outfield player for england, winner of countless trophies at club level, passionate as anything about the game, and still adored by the fans, playing for the albion? He would earn the club a fortune in merchandising, and do wonders for its profile and the brand that tb seems very keen to build.

He has plenty to offer, or else the likes of psg wouldn't be interested.

correct.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

What drugs are you on.
We have the biggest average home attendance in the championship.Why would we want to bring the circus that beckham would create to the amex.Dont get me wrong he is a quality player but what we need is a striker not a pop star.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
What drugs are you on.
We have the biggest average home attendance in the championship.Why would we want to bring the circus that beckham would create to the amex.Dont get me wrong he is a quality player but what we need is a striker not a pop star.

I never said I WANTED to bring him in did I? look back at my post. I stated that he would bring in a lot of money.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cockney Rhyming Slang has been going and the same for years upon years and is spoken and handed down from generation to generation. I am talking of people like Harry Rednapps grandad who was a docker and came into my pub with his son H (Harry) who was Harrys dad and also a docker in The Royal Albert Docks in Custom House. But you have it your way and say what ever you want if you think it sounds good.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Cockney Rhyming Slang has been going and the same for years upon years and is spoken and handed down from generation to generation. I am talking of people like Harry Rednapps grandad who was a docker and came into my pub with his son H (Harry) who was Harrys dad and also a docker in The Royal Albert Docks in Custom House. But you have it your way and say what ever you want if you think it sounds good.

Language progresses though INNIT, ya get me? hashtagLOL!!!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I never said I WANTED to bring him in did I? look back at my post. I stated that he would bring in a lot of money.

I don't see how he will generate money.

We already play in a 90% full stadium & I don't see fans rushing out to buy enough beckham shirts to cover the cost of his wages.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Fair enough, we will just have to differ on opinions on this one, I would be fairly confident that Beckham would bring in some extra pennies to the club. Anyway, I need to leave NSC now cause Geordie shore is on :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

We already play in a 90% full stadium & I don't see fans rushing out to buy enough beckham shirts to cover the cost of his wages.

2 years ago they would have but I don't think so now as he is not an Icon to the young new fans plus we can virtually sell out The Amex with out him and if we had a run like Palace have had we would sell out every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here