Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham to the amex?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Have you just re-read your new Will Buckley chant?

I would love to see Beckham involved down here. Obviousy not in his prime any more, but it would be a great move by the club to get him here, on so many levels. And he's still younger than Tanno was when he pulled on the stripes last season, and also still playing regular football.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Every seat filled, record number of shirts and merchandise sold.

Vicente and Beckham on the wings feeding Buckley & CMS.. Oh. Dear. Lord...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
What is Pele up to these days?

Is he out of contract?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Every seat filled, record number of shirts and merchandise sold.

Vicente and Beckham on the wings feeding Buckley & CMS.. Oh. Dear. Lord...

Don't rock the boat! PS: what about Michael Owen? And Bobby Z ?

More seriously, I think our scouting system should be looking for the next Mark Lawrenson in the lower divisions. Youth team got a good result: Youth: Manchester City 1 Albion 2

And Kazenga Lualua getting his form and concentration back. Instead of him playing inside midfield and getting on the wing, I would like to see him playing as a forward/winger, coming on as substitute.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Has anyone seen that Youtube clip of Becks cooking dinner for Gary Neville? It's utterly bizarre and really funny. I saw it last night for the first time. Basically they're acting like a sort of odd couple and it's reminiscent of "The Office"

Becks: "I'd rather be dashin' about the Trafford Centre or... Tescos."

(and here it is)

[yt]72aHqkhPu0U[/yt]

They definitely slept together that night.

Very awkward viewing

Oct 25, 2003
imagine becks nailing in a trademark free kick in the last minute of the play-off final, with brooklyn and the gang cheering us on from the sidelines....snoop dogg and tom cruise enjoying t-blooms hospitality

just did a sex wee thinking about it

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
imagine becks nailing in a trademark free kick in the last minute of the play-off final, with brooklyn and the gang cheering us on from the sidelines....snoop dogg and tom cruise enjoying t-blooms hospitality

...and Gordon Ramsay and Prince William in there too

D

Deleted member 18477

D-Becks is the man!

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
..Especially if they sing those songs about her! A big "no" to brand Beckham appearing on the Amex turf from me.

And you could guarantee she'd be leading the team out waving to the crowds like we all give a shit. mind you Sporty Spice could come and jiggle on my lap for 90 minutes if she wants :wink:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Heard that this was as good as a done deal in the summer, Posh had even been to look at a few gaffs in Mid-Sussex - but the deal fell through at the last minute when they discovered there wasn't a Wetherspoons in Haywards Heath :eek:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Could be embarrassing when we sing "Posh Spice is a slapper" and 25,000 are waving at her in the West Stand.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Apart from the football side it is now not even a good financial business proposition as he is well past his sell by date and the sales of merchandise wouldnt earn us much now. 12 or 18 months ago perhaps but not now.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Apart from the football side it is now not even a good financial business proposition as he is well past his sell by date and the sales of merchandise wouldnt earn us much now. 12 or 18 months ago perhaps but not now.

You're joking, right? David Beckham, the most capped outfield player for England, winner of countless trophies at club level, passionate as anything about the game, and still adored by the fans, playing for the Albion? He would earn the club a FORTUNE in merchandising, and do wonders for its profile and the brand that TB seems very keen to build.

He has plenty to offer, or else the likes of PSG wouldn't be interested.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am a great fan of him and his playing but I think that now is too late for anybody to sign him unless they have the players who can carry him for most of the game, which we couldnt, but PSG could . He has been a great player and credit to the game but the emphasis must be on has been not sure what he has left in the tank.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Would still do a great job for someone at this level, just sitting in the middle of the park dictating play, pinging the ball around like it was on a piece of string. Would work well alongside Bridcutt, will never happen though. Can see him going to West Ham for a year or so, if he goes anywhere in this country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here