Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beckham PSG

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Am trying to get my head round why DB has signed for PSG and giving his wages away for the next 5 months. My only conclusion is that no premier league team still in the champions league wanted him, so his only option was to make a contract with PSG for the next 5 months so as to ensure he gets Champions league football and then give his wages away to a childrens charity.

Forgive me for being synical and am sure I will get shot down for this crazy asumption.:albion2::albion2::albion2:

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Nice city, top of the league, champions league, never played France before, near to England

but its full of French people who incidently are just behind people from Croydon in the pecking order of twats. Gary nevelle on SSN has just quoted exactly what you said very strange.:lolol::lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
whats to get: he wants to play football, wants to play at the top level but knows he cant keep up in the english game. the query is really why he tied himself up in the US for all those years (unless it was selflessly for the missus)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Maybe the guy just wants to play football at the highest level he can, and he really doesn't need the cash.
Regarding no team in the premier league wanting him, I bet 'Arry would have loved him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has been a top footballer but the emphasis is on HAS BEEN he was over the hlil when he went to the MLS but his PR is brilliant. How can anybody even consider that he is good enough to play for PSG, Orient is more his level now. Possibly ok on the bench to come on for the last 20 mins. 5 years ago I would love to have see him at Brighton but not now at any price unless he donated his wages to St Barnabas hospice.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Has been a top footballer but the emphasis is on HAS BEEN he was over the hlil when he went to the MLS but his PR is brilliant. How can anybody even consider hat he is good enpough to play for PSG, Orient is more his level now. 5 years ago I would love to have see him at Brighton but no now at any price unless he donated his wages to St Barnabas hospice.

He is still good enough. Cracking holding midfielder.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Was but not now he even struggled in the MLS according to people who watched him regularly.

According to where?

With psg he is going to have some brilliant players around him to help anyway. He probably isn't good enough to single handedly win games, but his array of passing alone is going to be a big help to psg.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Oh dear... It's gone pear-shaped already.

From Le Monde.fr - Actualité à la Une (via Babelfish)

David Beckham Hold Up at Airport Charles de Gaulle

Police arrested David Beckham as suspected of carrying illegal substances. The former star of the Galaxy was carried out for more than three hours at the airport, while police rummaged his baggage.

Well paid underwear model reported that angry over his imprisonment. Spicy Posh, his wife, was dismayed by the news by bingeing on a tic tacs package. Ensued release for the surrender of the substances, made to be deodorant, toothpaste and shampoo will leave a sharp taste in the mouth of this illustrious star, forfeiting entry rights to the grand gay Paris.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Maybe Paris is the furthest he can get away from his ugly wife. He did state she was staying in England, and given nobody further than Paris wanted him he was alittle spoilted for choice. We were always gonna struggle to get him coz 60 odd miles from the moose is probably not far enough in Davids book. Probably gonna get told off from the NSC do gooders on this one.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Taking money from the French, and donating it to charity!! Doesn't come better than that - A PR machine - just ticking every box possible.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Taking money from the French, and donating it to charity!! Doesn't come better than that - A PR machine - just ticking every box possible.

All a bit nauseating really. A multi millionaire footballer making such a (public) financial 'self sacrifice' while many other less wealthy footballers run their charity foundations and do their bit with little fanfare.

So.CalGull

Sep 28, 2010
Orange County. California.
Was but not now he even struggled in the MLS according to people who watched him regularly.

Not true.

Watched him for the Galaxy over all 5 years. His last game, in which they won the cup for the second year running, he still dominated the play, ran for the whole time he was on the pitch and looked fitter than many, whilst passing the ball the with the same accuracy and skill as ever.

Off the pitch he has raised the game here to a level that Pele and George Best were unable to do.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
All a bit nauseating really. A multi millionaire footballer making such a (public) financial 'self sacrifice' while many other less wealthy footballers run their charity foundations and do their bit with little fanfare.

Exactly.

I bet there is already more written about his gesture than the likes of De La Cruz, Darren Moore, Linvoy Primus etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here