Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beckham PSG

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Fair play dont get me wrong but it is an investment. The PR the brand will get in Paris will benefit Vicky's fashion exploits.

Win win, but good on him.

Oct 25, 2003
Was but not now he even struggled in the MLS according to people who watched him regularly.

he was the best player (or at least one of the best) for the team that won the MLS Cup (ie. the title) in the last two seasons...season before last he was on FIRE, last season he was very good

so no, he didn't struggle at all, and yes, once again you're talking bollocks

Oct 25, 2003
i'd imagine that PSG is the best team that were willing to sign him, and probably the only in the champions league....he's made enough money from the game and simply wants to play football at the highest level he can....unlike most english footballers he's brave enough to test himself in other countries....and he gets to play with The Zlatan

as for the charity thing it's an amazing thing to do...who cares if he can afford it, it's still amazing...how many millionaires donate their entire salary to charity? and who cares if he's getting exposure for it? surely the point of charity work (when you're a celebrity) is to raise awareness for that charity....job done on that front

why are people so cynical?!

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I reckon he's gone to PSG so he can play football at a European level and fill in till the new season to try and come up to scratch. He can commute to Paris while the kids attend UK schools. Yes, he'll probably raise his fashion-designer's wife's profile in Paris. I see nothing wrong with admitting his salary will go to charity, because the charity will get publicity and even more money from this. (He's probably given millions to charity already, without boasting about it. Most zillionaires do.) Of course, northern France is only a ferry ride away from Newhaven and a short drive to Falmer . . .

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Victoria Beckham - Paris - Les Miserables ....... surely the tabloids could have done something with that?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Great gesture giving that money to charity, if only more footballers could be more like beckham!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
why are people so cynical?!

With the high tax rates in France and the short term contract (he stated 7 months) is it really that big a lose in earnings for him, the benefit it will bring to brand Beckham will more than compensate. Yes he still wants to play football but this is more about brand promotion than his football career.

Oct 25, 2003
With the high tax rates in France and the short term contract (he stated 7 months) is it really that big a lose in earnings for him, the benefit it will bring to brand Beckham will more than compensate. Yes he still wants to play football but this is more about brand promotion than his football career.

he's raising shit loads of money for a worthy cause...why does it matter if he's getting something out of it as well? he's still doing a brilliant thing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here