Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham gives up captaincy

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Les Biehn said:
f*** me, the guy is a quality player who has always given his best for England. To be honest I think its a f***ing disgrace the way people talk about him.:nono:

Was not is.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Some people being harsh about Beckham imo.

He played a part in the goals that won us the games we did. Free kick V Paraguay, assist v Trinidad, Free Kick V Ecuador.

Without him we would have been EVEN worse.

I agree give it to Gerrard.

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Les Biehn said:
f*** me, the guy is a quality player who has always given his best for England. To be honest I think its a f***ing disgrace the way people talk about him.:nono:

Absolutely. Sadly, it's fashionable to slag off the likes of Beckham, Ronaldo, Trundle et al

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Les Biehn said:
I'll agree with that. I think it's time for Lennon to replace Becks but he has been a quality player and at times a great captain. :clap:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Thats a shame. I think Beckham is a fantastic footballer. Give the armband to Terry. Thanks for everything David. David Beckham, free kick and corner genious and England legend.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
just think of the greece game :) will make you smile and remeber how f***ing hard he tried and carried the whole team on his shoulders :bowdown:

1066gull

You lot are appauling. Beckham gives his all, and yet he gets all the shit.

Beckham has been one of our greates captains, far greater than the likes of Shearer and all you can hope for is he never plays in an England shirt again? Disgraceful.

Just shows how fickle minded English fans can be.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
munkfish said:
just think of the greece game :) will make you smile and remeber how f***ing hard he tried and carried the whole team on his shoulders :bowdown:

Cannot argue with that but apart from two quality strikes he was poor this WC in my opinion. No longer has the pace, which means he gets covered, at this level, and no longer gets the opportunity to put in what was the best crossing of the ball in the world and no dribbling ability. This is the 3rd World Cup in which he has not performed. Time to move on.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
munkfish said:

How long ago was that?Took him another 3 years to score a free kick.Apart from set pieces he was wank.No pace and was hardly involved in this world cup

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Adriodinho said:
Beckham has been one of our greatest captains, far greater than the likes of Shearer

In what sense?

I'm not about to "slag him off"; he certainly cares, and works his arse off - but that's not enough on its own. His performances aren't good enough anymore, and he doesn't fit in to the way the team plays. With Lennon sitting on the bench, and making such an impact every time he comes on, it's time to make way.

Sven's greatest weakness was his ridiculous favouritism shown towards Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham et al, and this needs to stop if we're to progress. Hargreaves and Lennon have been the brightest points of the tournament for us - they need to be the first names on the teamsheet, and we build from there.

Beckham has no place in the England team now. He was the most ineffective player we had!
I actually believe that he exaggerated his ankle problem, just to get of the pitch and save some face. He even pretended to cry while icing a non existent injury!
Attention Attention Attention, that’s all he craves....

Clearly hes been picking the team for years now, perhaps he should have dropped himself after the Paraguay game.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
might stop you slagging him off as much not many players played better than him still! dont see why gerrard couldnt of gone out wide and beckham tuck back inside

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
National Tyres & Autocare said:
Beckham has no place in the England team now. He was the most ineffective player we had!
I actually believe that he exaggerated his ankle problem, just to get of the pitch and save some face. He even pretended to cry while icing a non existent injury!
Attention Attention Attention, that’s all he craves....

Clearly hes been picking the team for years now, perhaps he should have dropped himself after the Paraguay game.

Twat :lol: that is all

1066gull

Repugnant Toad said:
Sven's greatest weakness was his ridiculous favouritism shown towards Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham et al, and this needs to stop if we're to progress. Hargreaves and Lennon have been the brightest points of the tournament for us - they need to be the first names on the teamsheet, and we build from there.
You are right he is not at his best anymore, but throughout his International career he has been on eof the players who have given their all and not to be rewarded from it.

I agree with Sven having a weakness to displace players, but he did have the bottle to get rid of Campbell, so he can get some credit, even if it ain;t a lot.

Also, I would consider Carrick in their, but I do think Gerrard still does a job.

Euro 2008?

Defoe/Rooney----Owen/Walcott

J.Cole-----Hargreaves------Gerrard-----Lennon

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Adriodinho said:
Euro 2008?

Defoe/Rooney----Owen/Walcott

J.Cole-----Hargreaves------Gerrard-----Lennon

I hope so.

Although I like Defoe as a player, I'm not certain he's international class ... I think we need another striker to come through; ideally one with a bit of height and strength. Ashton and Bent seem the only candidates at present, though.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The thing with Ashton is that he likes to drop deep - as does Rooney. We need an Alan Shearer type....

1066gull

Silent Bob said:
The thing with Ashton is that he likes to drop deep - as does Rooney. We need an Alan Shearer type....
Walcott, Andy Johnson or Marlon Harewood.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here