Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckham gives up captaincy

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
None of those are that type of player, and at least two of them aren't good enough....

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Les Biehn said:
f*** me, the guy is a quality player who has always given his best for England. To be honest I think its a f***ing disgrace the way people talk about him.:nono:

Absolutely...

Having just seen his heartfelt and emotional speech on Sky, I have to say that the guy is a legend. He might not have had the stamina that he had 5 years ago when he single-handedly got us to the 2002 WC, but he wanted England to be successful as much as any fan.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
imo zamora has a better chance proberly be proved wrong but i doubt he will score as many as zmaora did this season!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yeah... David Beckham, player of the yaer at Real Madrid last season... obviously well past it..

FFS :shootself

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Les Biehn said:
f*** me, the guy is a quality player who has always given his best for England. To be honest I think its a f***ing disgrace the way people talk about him.:nono:

agreed

Les Biehn said:

Agree, he has done more for England football than the rest of that squad put together.

He is still a quality player - voted best player by Real Madrid fans - top that!

Personally I don't always agree the team should be picked around him, and I have posted on here for years, that we need variety at our dead ball kicks. Gerrard, Cole, Lampard also are great at set pieces.

Varirty is the spice of life and keeps the gpalie and defence guessing.

I assume he will still be a key player in the squad.

Look at Zidane last night, on how an experienced pro can rip a side apart.

I hope Beckham stays in the squad as a utility player.

LC

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Les Biehn said:

Doesnt mean he is undroppable.

Walcott:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Seriously, Johnstone would have been better than Crouch last night, he is fast, can hold the ball up well, would have worked a treat with Lennon and falls over like an Italian. And f*** me he's shit hot on penalties.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Les Biehn said:

I think its a f***ing disgrace having a player who has done cock all for the team for years still in the team!!!

He only contributed twice yesterday, once hitting the big toe of person in the wall and secondly not even getting the ball past the first defender at a corner. He just hindered the team.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
NMH said:
Terry or Lampard for the armband.

I'd prefer to see it go to Lampard, he's an intelligent player and as a midfielder he can control the game.
I also believe it would improve his influence on the games, and his authority over the opposition too.

Lampard doesnt even deserve to be n the side.

Gary Neville for me.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kinky Gerbils said:
Lampard doesnt even deserve to be n the side.

Gary Neville for me.

i take it you are joking

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Lampard was f***ing awful at this WC, did absolutely nothing except sky a variety of chances over the bar/wide/straight at the keeper.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Lampard is very unlikely, he will be lucky to start against Greece.

I'd be happy with Terry or Neville, both real leaders.

And I think Beckham has acted very honourably in doing what he has done today. He is very much 'Eriksson's man', and has the awareness to know that and do the decent thing to give McClaren a free hand.

But I alao admire the fact that he has not taken the 'easy option' by retiring from international football altogether.

Beckham knows that the first time he is dropped it will fill pages of newspapers. But he is prepared to risk that humiliation to play just once more for his country.

Better that than someone like Andy Cole who retires from England because he doesn't think he'll get picked any more. Splitter.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Kinky Gerbils said:
What has he done in the last 7 games?

i meant joking about neville. that guy's influence along side beckhams is half the problem. those 2 have been running the team since sge became manager. remember it was him who attempted a strike. the over paid wanker!!!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
PILTDOWN MAN said:
i meant joking about neville. that guy's influence along side beckhams is half the problem. those 2 have been running the team since sge became manager. remember it was him who attempted a strike. the over paid wanker!!!

Fair dos.

Neville has been Englands most consistant player over the past 8 years or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here