Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckenbauer really is THICK, isn't he?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
and look what happened after Bilic made that comment... 4 - 1 and 5 - 1 against Croatia who were undoubtedly one of the better teams in the world at that time...

Exactly, this team will do everything to prove to him they're not "burnt out" now, they'll lap up comments like that.

Regardless of how "true" Beckenbauer's comments where, why give England ammunition? Very daft.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Beckenbauer couldn't have inspired the England players more if he'd have shouted "SPIT ROAST AT ZE POOL, LAST ONE IN ZE HOLE'S A POOF, JA!"

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
and look what happened after Bilic made that comment... 4 - 1 and 5 - 1 against Croatia who were undoubtedly one of the better teams in the world at that time...

Croatia were so good they managed to finsh 3rd in that group behind the Ukraine i believe...who then went on to lose to Greece over 2 legs in a play off !

Greece have looked so good at this world cup.....

As i say World Rankings mean nothing.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Croatia were so good they managed to finsh 3rd in that group behind the Ukraine i believe...who then went on to lose to Greece over 2 legs in a play off !

Greece have looked so good at this world cup.....

As i say World Rankings mean nothing.

Yeh I know that but the 2 defeats to us were one of the main reasons they finished 3rd... I don't mean rankings just in my opinion they were a very good side then and possibly still are. I seem to remember them looking gd at the Euros too but may be wrong...

If Beckenbauer feels England slipped up by not winning the group which would appear to give an easier passage to the final, then surely it follows that Germany slipped up by not deliberately coming second; they would then have the supposedly easier games

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
BOIIIING

And the German motormouth is off and running again.

Taken from BBC text commenary on the Brazil game....

16:21 Commentary
The games aren't world-class, but how about this for breaking news chat: Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer has just told BBC Sport he thinks England will go out ON PENALTIES in Sunday's last-16 clash in Bloemfontein. Fabio - pin it up in the dressing-room, job done. Video of the interview with you shortly.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
BOIIIING

And the German motormouth is off and running again.

Taken from BBC text commenary on the Brazil game....

16:21 Commentary
The games aren't world-class, but how about this for breaking news chat: Germany legend Franz Beckenbauer has just told BBC Sport he thinks England will go out ON PENALTIES in Sunday's last-16 clash in Bloemfontein. Fabio - pin it up in the dressing-room, job done. Video of the interview with you shortly.

he's LOVING it isn't he? He's probably pissing himself with his mates.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
he's LOVING it isn't he? He's probably pissing himself with his mates.

Exactly. Has "pin it on the dressing room door" officially now replaced "well at least he shows a bit of a passion" as the new MONGS' MANTRA? He's very boring, people that over-report him and leap about in indignation are very, very boring too.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
Exactly. Has "pin it on the dressing room door" officially now replaced "well at least he shows a bit of a passion" as the new MONGS' MANTRA? He's very boring, people that over-report him and leap about in indignation are very, very boring too.

sounds like the pressure is getting to him, and you harvs!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've seen plenty of English pundits suggesting how and why England will beat Germany.

So what's the difference between that and a German (Beckenbauer) saying he thinks Germany will win? Besides, if you actually see him when he made the comment about penalties he's quite clearly saying it with a twinkle in his eye.

FFS, I cannot see WHY people are getting so wound up by this. On the first point he was spot on, and on the second he was having a bit of a joke.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've seen plenty of English pundits suggesting how and why England will beat Germany.

So what's the difference between that and a German (Beckenbauer) saying he thinks Germany will win? Besides, if you actually see him when he made the comment about penalties he's quite clearly saying it with a twinkle in his eye.

FFS, I cannot see WHY people are getting so wound up by this. On the first point he was spot on, and on the second he was having a bit of a joke.

Its the medias mission to take each and every passing remark absolutely SERIOUSLY, and report it in as po-faced a manner as is humanly possible in order to wind up the masses into a wild-eyed FRENZY. Just witness the John Terry press conference for an absolute tour-de-FORCE of contrived soundbites and innocuous comments taken out of context and presented as an all-out ATTACK on Capello.

JT: "There could be some of us being sent home after tonights meeting..."

The Press: "TERRY ADMITS ENGLAND STARS ON BRINK OF EJECTION FROM SQUAD f***ing HELL f***ing HELL f***ing HELL READ THIS f***ing HELL"

:rolleyes:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Its the medias mission to take each and every passing remark absolutely SERIOUSLY, and report it in as po-faced a manner as is humanly possible in order to wind up the masses into a wild-eyed FRENZY. Just witness the John Terry press conference for an absolute tour-de-FORCE of contrived soundbites and innocuous comments taken out of context and presented as an all-out ATTACK on Capello.

JT: "There could be some of us being sent home after tonights meeting..."

The Press: "TERRY ADMITS ENGLAND STARS ON BRINK OF EJECTION FROM SQUAD f***ing HELL f***ing HELL f***ing HELL READ THIS f***ing HELL"

:rolleyes:

I noticed Phillip Lahm saying England have a lot of experienced players compared to Germany. How will this be reported?

SILENCE THE LAHM! OUR BOYS' FURY AT HUN "OLD MEN" JIBE

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I noticed Phillip Lahm saying England have a lot of experienced players compared to Germany. How will this be reported?

SILENCE THE LAHM! OUR BOYS' FURY AT HUN "OLD MEN" JIBE

What about Ballack talking about the possibility of penalties:

"We don't fear penalties but have missed one already, which shows we are not invincible".

Translates to:

"SOUR KRAUT BALLACK CALLS ENGLISH WOMEN UGLY. OUTRAGE AS CHELSEA ACE WIPES DICK ON ENGLANDS CURTAINS"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about Ballack talking about the possibility of penalties:

"We don't fear penalties but have missed one already, which shows we are not invincible".

Translates to:

"SOUR KRAUT BALLACK CALLS ENGLISH WOMEN UGLY. OUTRAGE AS CHELSEA ACE WIPES DICK ON ENGLANDS CURTAINS"

You forgot to include the mandatory "WHAT A LOAD OF BALLACKS", otherwise pretty much spot on
:thumbsup:

Amazed at how many people, even on here, have fallen for this tabloid crap.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You forgot to include the mandatory "WHAT A LOAD OF BALLACKS", otherwise pretty much spot on
:thumbsup:

Amazed at how many people, even on here, have fallen for this tabloid crap.

What surprises me is that, even though this is his third World Cup, I've not seen any tabloid reference to the fact that Klose's name is nearly the same as bog/loo in German (Das Klo). I'd have thought they'd have worked in something using that - particularly with an abbreviation for World Cup.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What surprises me is that, even though this is his third World Cup, I've not seen any tabloid reference to the fact that Klose's name is nearly the same as bog/loo in German (Das Klo). I'd have thought they'd have worked in something using that - particularly with an abbreviation for World Cup.

That would be too clever for most of the Sun's readership, whose knowledge of the German language extends only to words regularly seen in their headlines.

So, "Fritz", "Krauts", "Schweinhund", "Achtung!", "Helmut" and "Schnell!".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here