Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beckenbauer really is THICK, isn't he?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Putting the boot into England again, does he know nothing about English mentality?

Love it, just like Bilic did, he's done the England team talk for Fabio.

Let's absolutely do 'em.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Oh yeah, of course, the old "pin it to the dressing room door" plan.

Maybe, just maybe he wants to get us all wound up, and wait for the chance to beat 10 men.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Oh yeah, of course, the old "pin it to the dressing room door" plan.

Maybe, just maybe he wants to get us all wound up, and wait for the chance to beat 10 men.

A very risky strategy i would think...we dont need any winding up against them

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think THIS team, under Fabio, absolutely THRIVES on this sort of stuff.

Our reserves comfortably beat Germany a year or so back. We've got a good chance here.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He's captained his country to win the world cup in 1974. He's then gone on to manage his country to win the world cup in 1990. He's then gone on to organise a hugely-successful world cup held in his own country in 2006. Anyone with such paltry achievements behind him clearly has no brain whatsoever and struggles to locate his sausage-, beer-, and sauerkraut-farting arse with a torch in a dark room.

(It's probably wasted on, erm, some specials on here but, to be fair he, like other elder statesmen at Bayern, is a passionate, heated bloke, he gets paid handsomely by Bild for saying just this kind of stuff and yes, he does have a pretty big gob on him. You get given them at birth in Bavaria so you can drink more wheat beer when you're older.)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's captained his country to win the world cup in 1974. He's then gone on to manage his country to win the world cup in 1990. He's then gone on to organise a hugely-successful world cup held in his own country in 2006. Anyone with such paltry achievements behind him clearly has no brain whatsoever and struggles to locate his sausage-, beer-, and sauerkraut-farting arse with a torch in a dark room.

(It's probably wasted on, erm, some specials on here but, to be fair he, like other elder statesmen at Bayern, is a passionate, heated bloke, he gets paid handsomely by Bild for saying just this kind of stuff and yes, he does have a pretty big gob on him. You get given them at birth in Bavaria so you can drink more wheat beer when you're older.)

Sorry, what's your point? If he knew anything about English mentality he would know that comments like his will definitely help us, not hinder us.

He would've been best off building us up, saying we were a great team, putting pressure on us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm sure our press / ex pro's / ex managers etc etc will say plenty of anti German statements in the run up to this that will equally get published over there.

No bearing on the game !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I bloody love Das Bild - it combines healthy amount of gossip, German propaganda and female fans with big tits.

There's also an article there about what the English press is saying about the match, picking up on some juicy titbits from the past (Achtung Surrender and the charming Daily Star article comparing German change strip to the SS).

Quite honestly, when you see some of the articles we produce, it's a bit rich having a go at Beckenbauer - there is after all a germ of truth in what he says.There's no justification to comparing the current German football team with stormtroopers from 60 years ago.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Er guys, Beckenbauer was massivly misquoted. He said: "Dummerweise haben die Engländer ein bissel gepatzt" which correctly translateed is, "Unfortunately, England messed up a little".

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Er guys, Beckenbauer was massivly misquoted. He said: "Dummerweise haben die Engländer ein bissel gepatzt" which correctly translateed is, "Unfortunately, England messed up a little".

Things like this always get a little lost in translation. Then the Sun picks up on it and tells everybody stupid enough to read it that Beckenbaur is calling every man woman and child in England a retard.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Things like this always get a little lost in translation. Then the Sun picks up on it and tells everybody stupid enough to read it that Beckenbaur is calling every man woman and child in England a retard.

If it gets England going, who gives a crap?

He did still say we are "burnt out", didn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here