Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bebo, MySpace and Facebook.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
None of them, but I am a grown up, I use MSN Messenger from time to time.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Does anyone still use ICQ or Yahoo Messenger? ICQ was the daddy at one time.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have an ICQ account but haven't used it for ages...it is more popular outside the UK from what I can remember.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Just facebook, that I'll probably look at every other day.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
None. I'm one of these weirdos that calls my friends.

Most people who use a social networking site do it in addition to calling their friends. I may only speak to a couple of close friends a day, but I have 136 people on facebook, which include aquaintances, distant relatives, ex-workmates or schoolfriends and many more, and I find it nice to see what they're up to (with their uploaded photo's or status updates) instead of maybe seeing them once in a blue moon or getting a years worth of news at Christmas!
With the best will in the world, modern life means you cannot see as many people as our parents/grandparents did on a daily/weekly/monthly basis - a great shame in my opinion, but that's life.
With one simple message I contacted them all with details of Mr Coach and Princess Coach's NSPCC bike ride, and many of them sponsored them for a worthy cause. Just one way of using this internet tool to your advantage. I also message my football contacts with upcoming details of events or if I need opinions.
It's far easier than ploughing through a ton of individual emails or making a large number of phone calls. As regards the identity hackers comment - you can make your page as private or public as you like. My details are only available to friends - however, if anyone really wanted my date of birth or postcode there are many 'paper' ways to find this out!
I find facebook to be a very useful internet tool.

Most people who use a social networking site do it in addition to calling their friends. I may only speak to a couple of close friends a day, but I have 136 people on facebook, which include aquaintances, distant relatives, ex-workmates or schoolfriends and many more, and I find it nice to see what they're up to (with their uploaded photo's or status updates) instead of maybe seeing them once in a blue moon or getting a years worth of news at Christmas!
With the best will in the world, modern life means you cannot see as many people as our parents/grandparents did on a daily/weekly/monthly basis - a great shame in my opinion, but that's life.
With one simple message I contacted them all with details of Mr Coach and Princess Coach's NSPCC bike ride, and many of them sponsored them for a worthy cause. Just one way of using this internet tool to your advantage. I also message my football contacts with upcoming details of events or if I need opinions.
It's far easier than ploughing through a ton of individual emails or making a large number of phone calls. As regards the identity hackers comment - you can make your page as private or public as you like. My details are only available to friends - however, if anyone really wanted my date of birth or postcode there are many 'paper' ways to find this out!
I find facebook to be a very useful internet tool.

Oh..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
facebook only. Never use the other two and wouldn't dream of going anywhere near Bebo because I've always believed it's rather chav-tastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here