Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beady Eye tonight at the Brighton Centre

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I have to say I thought they were excellent, Liam on top form and even mentioned Brighton going up!!

Did any other NSC'ers attend? What did you think?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Third gig I have been to in Brighton this year. The first one though I have heard any Albion chants at. “Gus Poyet my Lord”, “Championes”, “Seagulls”, “Sussex by the Sea”, “Left side Brighton Boys”, Benno chant etc all being belted out before kick off.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
His live voice actually sounds like it does on the album. Haven't been able to say that about the more recent Oasis albums. Fair play to him because he's obviously worked hard to improve his voice.

Pretty good gig I thought.

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Wish they'd come here but seems unlikely seeing how rarely Oasis made it down under (3 times in total by my calculations). The thought of seeing Liam and the lads rock out without the obligatory look at me guitar solos and frankly boring acoustic bits really takes me back (to 1994 actually, when the lads were different admittedly). Loving everything they've put out so far, from Bring The Light right up to the Across The Universe cover - how long did they play?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Wish they'd come here but seems unlikely seeing how rarely Oasis made it down under (3 times in total by my calculations). The thought of seeing Liam and the lads rock out without the obligatory look at me guitar solos and frankly boring acoustic bits really takes me back (to 1994 actually, when the lads were different admittedly). Loving everything they've put out so far, from Bring The Light right up to the Across The Universe cover - how long did they play?

They were on for just over an hour. Steve Craddock formerly of Ocean Colour Scene was the support act, he was good but the only downside was that James Buckley from the inbetweeners was on guest guitar, Palarse scum.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Third gig I have been to in Brighton this year. The first one though I have heard any Albion chants at. “Gus Poyet my Lord”, “Championes”, “Seagulls”, “Sussex by the Sea”, “Left side Brighton Boys”, Benno chant etc all being belted out before kick off.

I did not go, and I'm glad I didn't. These comments pretty much sum up Beady Eye to me, yob rockers. I'm glad I sided with Albarn.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Does the world really need an even worse version of the sub-standard Oasis which was treading the boards a year or so ago?

Next you'll all be telling me you actually like Kasabian.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I did not go, and I'm glad I didn't. These comments pretty much sum up Beady Eye to me, yob rockers. I'm glad I sided with Albarn.

Can't quite see where you have got yob rockers from these comments.....

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
I wasn't there but I think their songs are stronger than the later Oasis output.
Noel should've given Andy Bell more opportunity to contribute with the songwriting but kept him on a wage (so I understand) rather than share royalties/publishing rights.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here