Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beady Eye tonight at the Brighton Centre

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I did not go, and I'm glad I didn't. These comments pretty much sum up Beady Eye to me, yob rockers. I'm glad I sided with Albarn.

Hmm, I never really got why there had to be sides in that one. They're such different bands. The crowd was quite funny last night, I always thought Oasis gigs were the nearest you could get to a footy crowd without being at a game. I felt quite a lot of man love, had a nice snout or two right in the middle of the concrete centre, but as usual, like a chav disco/footy, a few people couldn't handle the idea of rowdy proximity and started throwing punches. They would have been murdered at a metal gig. All in all it was a good laff, a bit like being in a slightly harder version of Digital on a Friday, or Life on a Satdi when it's on form. I'm kinda predisposed to think well of fellow gig-goers but I think it was happier than you suppose.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
They were on for just over an hour. Steve Craddock formerly of Ocean Colour Scene was the support act, he was good but the only downside was that James Buckley from the inbetweeners was on guest guitar, Palarse scum.

Steve Craddock is still in Ocean Colour Scene. He has just released his second solo album

I felt the material from their one album was not strong enough to make this a 'great' gig. Not suggesting that they play old Oasis tracks but for a venue of this size the songs just did not hold up....and it's all about the songs isn't it? Different Gear, Still Speeding is good but aint no classic. For me would have been better in a smaller venue with the intimate excitement of a band just starting out promoting their first album. Three albums down the line hopefully the set will be stronger and can't blame Liam for playing larger venues to rake in the cash.....for me though definitely (and not maybe) a case of Greedy Eye.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
The performance was good and Liam's voice was surprisingly good considering how crap he's been before. The only issue I have (albeit with only 1 album under their belts), was that they just don't have any memorable or great songs yet. Pretty much every track, save one or two, ran into each other and are pretty forgettable to be honest. Good performance but hopefully they will write some stronger material as they go forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here