Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beachdown festival CANCELLED *********

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
If you sell through a ticket agency you do not tend to get the money until the event has gone ahead. The main reason for this is to protect the agent and also protect the punter who bough the ticket against the gig being pulled. This is common and demonstrated by the fact the two main agents for this event are able to make refunds.

The full-story is quite simple: very very low ticket sales coupled with a demand from some suppliers for payment in full at the last minute (probably as a result of the rumours the event was struggling to sell).
OK - tbh I have no idea how the finances for these things work. Still when this festival was being talked about a while back there were noises being made about bands (and some suppliers?) that didn't get paid last year

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
OK - tbh I have no idea how the finances for these things work. Still when this festival was being talked about a while back there were noises being made about bands (and some suppliers?) that didn't get paid last year

There was talk of last year's creditors being paid out of this year's ticket sales. Hardly surprising the major suppliers wanted paying up front.

The organisers don't seem to be bad people, rather, as others have said, naive, and trying to buck the trend in a recession with a weak line-up that was spread WAY too thin.

Sadly the outcome was just about inevitable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Called him that to his face did you??:wanker:

Doubt it.......:nono:

So you think 600k is topping the money lost do you?? Please come back with some facts.

Trust me, next time I see him staggering between the The Eddy, The Yeoman or The Battle I'll tell him. I've also got a number of questions to ask him.

I guess he is keeping his head down at the moment.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Trust me, next time I see him staggering between the The Eddy, The Yeoman or The Battle I'll tell him. I've also got a number of questions to ask him.

I guess he is keeping his head down at the moment.

Gonna call him a pisshead are you........Tread carefull if you do hardman.....:wanker:

Keeping his head down.....you not been looking!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There was talk of last year's creditors being paid out of this year's ticket sales. Hardly surprising the major suppliers wanted paying up front.

The organisers don't seem to be bad people, rather, as others have said, naive, and trying to buck the trend in a recession with a weak line-up that was spread WAY too thin.

Sadly the outcome was just about inevitable.

Totally agree, stupid but not crooks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gonna call him a pisshead are you?

Tread carefull if you do hardman.....:wanker:

I'm not a hard man. But I am happy to call a drunk a pisshead if it appeases you. The most that will happen is he'll take a swipe at me, I'll move out the way and he'll fall over. I'm bullish but not stupid.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I'm not a hard man. But I am happy to call a drunk a pisshead if it appeases you. The most that will happen is he'll take a swipe at me, I'll move out the way and he'll fall over. I'm bullish but not stupid.

The phrase...........It's what you know, but who you know springs to mind.

Enjoy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Enjoy.

I have not heard of this phrase before.

I think you might be missing a NOT.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Enjoy.

I'm not quite sure of your motives here. At first you seemed to want to engender some pity that the directors were also victims.....now you're alluding to the fact one's a wannabee gangster.

A piece of career advice: dont go into PR.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
rubbish promoting, thats a fact. average line up, stupid ticketing practices. Im a promoter and myself and other promoters in this city knew he was running before he could walk.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
I'm not quite sure of your motives here. At first you seemed to want to engender some pity that the directors were also victims.....now you're alluding to the fact one's a wannabee gangster.

A piece of career advice: dont go into PR.

Gangster, what the f*** are you on about??

Was not after pity, just making a comment......and as for the gangster comment........:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Known one of the directore personally and had a drink with him Sunday.

He will loose his home, his father has put 600k into the business and they will get nothing back. Aside frim a Facebook group with 48 members getting shirty, only 2 of them have written letters of complaints, hardly a great loss losing 95.00 is it when the company owners have lost hundreds of thousnds...??

All those who say it was a rip off etc etc do not know the full story. several of the bands have offered to do a benifit gig for the organisers as they know the full story, not half of it printed in the paper everyone on here slags off....The Argus!!

I infer your chum is Darren? He's a bit deluded if he thinks that the only upset he has caused is to 48 people on Facebook and 2 others who wrote in.

I was out on Saturday with 8-9 people who had paid deposits to steward....and will not see their money again and 2 ticket holders who paid the fezzie direct...again they will not see their money again. This is not to mention Resident and Rounder Records who issued a press statement saying they felt the directors were, to quote, 'cowardly'.

I am lucky in that I got most of my money back. But, there are a lot of people who have not.

Things go wrong, companies go bust and as I have said I do not believe they are crooks. But, I believe they told lies and the festival was collapsing around their ears whilst they were still accepting money for tickets and from other income streams. They may have done this with the belief that they could pull it off but they have to stand or fall by their decisions as directors.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gangster, what the f*** are you on about??

Maybe I misinterpreted your 'tread carefully', 'it's not what you know, but who you know' comments. If I did I apologize.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
rubbish promoting, thats a fact. average line up, stupid ticketing practices. Im a promoter and myself and other promoters in this city knew he was running before he could walk.

And a total lack of focus when it came to who they should target as customers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here