Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sussex reporting the club are making an announcement at Noon today

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
More like club thank fans for continued support in trying times and Sami is here to stay and if we get relegated reason tickets will rise to cover loss of sales and our fantastic supporters are crucial to the club and please stay with us as league 1 football will be entertaining and will benefit the club in remaining f f p compliant

...and we'll be Championship Ready

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Season ticket prices frozen if you order before Christmas?

Something like that. It won't be that Sami is out the door sadly. My guess is that we're stuck with the useless Finnish prick until late Feb early March.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Hopefully there is some substance to this. Knowing how BBC Radio works, its HIGHLY likely they have merely interpreted media reports about a decision being taken today.

Time will tell.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sherwood is 11/2 from 10's........someone has had 50p on.

;)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Must admit that its been years since the club was so out of touch with the fans. 99% want him gone (I know I called it early but even so) and yet he is still in a job. Incredible.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nothing happening here.

Actually, I'll correct myself. There is currently no intent for the club to do that. Of course, something may happen between now and then.

Curious though, isn't it, that only 1 person heard this and BBC Sussex Sport haven't got round to tweeting this exciting development.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Presently evens at BV to be next manager to go. Personally, and with the other rumours/statements it does not look like a chance to double yer Christmas money.

I'm edging towards the vote of confidence COMBINED with half-price jumpers

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
It'll be that Sami has resigned.

The board, through all of this, have said they won't sack him. Him resigning, or indeed "resigning", means the board don't go back on their 'we won't sack him' line.

They could get round it with the "mutual consent" option. The club like to be organised so they will like to tie up the handover before announcing.
I actually don't want a manager to be sacked but I cannot back him based on his team selections over the last 2 games.
The atmosphere between Brighton fans on Friday was horrendous and I cannot see how that can be turned round without the change.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So did they report that there would be an announcement at 12pm? Thread title says they did.

They did a piece just before 8.30 with Cantor and Samarrah ... nothing mentioned about any announcement. Indeed Cantor was saying that in his view all the weekend press speculation was no more than that

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They could get round it with the "mutual consent" option. The club like to be organised so they will like to tie up the handover before announcing.
I actually don't want a manager to be sacked but I cannot back him based on his team selections over the last 2 games.
The atmosphere between Brighton fans on Friday was horrendous and I cannot see how that can be turned round without the change.

Agreed. If and when he goes it'll be some form of compromise agreement so won't formally be a sacking or a resignation.

Re Friday, also agree. Even had some angry exchanges in North End of WSL which is unusual - the 'support the team' crew vs the 'Sami out' booers. This'll only get worse until it's resolved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here