Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sussex reporting the club are making an announcement at Noon today

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
the club is a joke at the moment, shedding money left right and centre with this situation.

It's been shedding money left right and centre since Noah shut the door on the ark.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Maybe it is easy to mistake silence for 'complacency'.

I'm not entirely surprised that he Club is showing such steadfast loyalty to Sami. He was given a 3 year contract. Severance could be expensive, as well as an admission that the Club got it wrong. Pride is being placed before a fall. Especially if correct that we recently declined his offer to resign. I also wonder if the Club isn't overly confident at the calibre of potential replacements. Maybe the Albion job is not quite viewed as a being a golden opportunity now we are in a rut and gaining a reputation for losing managers.

The Club seems to play personnel matters with a very straight bat. Everything done by the book and with confidentiality respected at all times. No dirty washing in public. I suppose we should be proud that our Club is looking to deal with such matters in this way, rather than in the traditional cowboy management style that pervades football.

As we found in the Gus saga it takes time for due process to follow it's course, but the outcome leaves the club as clean as possible and with individuals dealt with fairly. Unfortunately the downside to this strategy and the accompanying silences give the impression that the situation is being complacently allowed to fester. Especially now we are embedded in the relegation zone, time seems of the essence and inaction appears inexplicable.

The adherence to Sami suggests there is still an expectation he should complete his contract. Maybe there is a cut off date in mind, after the transfer window, so the Club can show it has been fair to him. No knee jerk sackings and no expensive payoffs. The Club can argue that Sami has been given time to demonstrate that he could turn things around, so that when the axe finally falls he will have no come back. If that is how the situation is being handled then us fans may have to grit our teeth for a while longer. The down side is that we may be well adrift from safety by then - and bridges burned with many supporters. Plus a harder task for a replacement manager.

Personally I think the evidence is already sufficiently damning: 3 wins, 9 draws and 9 defeats in 21 league games, only 21 goals scored and 29 conceded. Those stats are poor. More importantly there is no sign that Sami is able to influence any improvement, or even instill confidence in anyone around him. The quality of our performances is rapidly declining. 3 points adrift of Rotherham......oh how we have fallen. In most employment scenarios he would have already failed a series of performance related requirements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here