- Katherine Granger (can't remember)

Last edited:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Wiggins will win it, Ennis 2nd and Mo 3rd

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Wiggo gets my vote for a hell of a year, not just for the TdF and Olympic Gold. Plus he's a good alround geezer.

I guess the old grannies will vote in numbers for Andy Murray but IMHO that would be a soft option. Before all the 'Wiggo couldn't have done it without Team Sky' doubters speak out don't forget that Murray's success is also largely down to him bringing in Lendl etc, hadn't won a grand slam or Gold tournament before that, whereas Wiggo's pedigree at World and Olympic level goes back years.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Jessica Ennis will take some stopping to win this. jessica_ennis_-_h_2012.jpg

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Will be interesting to see who gets 'Team of the Year' - the European Ryder Cup team for comeback of the year and destroying hot favourites the US of A in their own backyard - priceless.

I would be very disappointed if Chelsea get remotely close. Ok they won the Champs Lge / European Cup (whatever) but were hardly convincing and wouldn't win many sportsmanship awards for their behaviour of late.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Will be interesting to see who gets 'Team of the Year' - the European Ryder Cup team for comeback of the year and destroying hot favourites the US of A in their own backyard - priceless.

I would be very disappointed if Chelsea get remotely close. Ok they won the Champs Lge / European Cup (whatever) but were hardly convincing and wouldn't win many sportsmanship awards for their behaviour of late.

Team GB?

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton

Team Sky?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Should be Wiggins, but has also been pointed out that the readership of the Daily Mail and the Celtic vote may give a heads up to Andy Murray.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Its a little tougher to pick a winner out of this lot than 2009 when they gave it to Giggs because.. well, because he had played for a long time.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One chap won a grand slam for the first time in 7,000 years and also an Olympic gold... and he's not in the first 4 ... tutt

It's not in any particular order, is it, they're just announcing the shortlist. Doing it in groups of four is just the One Show's attempt to interject some mystery and intrigue into proceedings.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I would think that Mo will be in with a good shout - he has got a personality and Murray doesn't

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Good call - a vote for 'Team GB' would recognise the huge success of our athletes across so many sports, especially for a home Olympics which won't get repeated for eons. Even better recognise the Team GB Paralympics Team too.

Maybe my original call for those highly paid and pampered golfers was a bit hasty, although in any other year they would have a great shout for SPOTY team of the year.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Can't be anyone other than Bradley Wiggins for me. Winning the TDF is an amazing achievement but then to come out and blow the field apart in the Olympic Time Trial was awesome. Can't knock any of the opposition but their achievements are nowhere near Wiggo's. Comes across as a real down to earth chap and the Team Sky programme and his programme the other day really showed him at his best - he has an amazing will to win but also a great teamplayer in the way he helped set Cavendish up along in the last stage of the TDF.

Wiggins, Farah, Ennis for me although the Great British Public may go for Wiggins, Ennis Farah.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here