Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC South Sports report at 0730

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having said that a number of our local teams were in action last night they gave the Reading Cup result and the fact that Pompey had their 5th Championship win on the trot and conveniently didn't even mention League One at all :annoyed:

Not sure what is more pathetic my annoyance at their coverage or their child like coverage of our League when Bournemouth or Southampton don't win

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You almost sound surprised! The coverage we get is poor so don't even bother looking now.

Me neither. Completely given up with BBC and ITV local news. When Albion play mid-week I usually watch SSN as the goals come round eventually. Then we normally get a half decent mention as we're top of the league.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Reading fans hold a similar view to us, but some of them think even we get too much coverage.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Reading fans hold a similar view to us, but some of them think even we get too much coverage.

Is this the same Reading that were "the best team in the league" when we beat them to the Division 2 championship?

The BBC football coverage is equally laughable at a national level. I listened to the 5 Live football daily this morning, and while they read out all of the results (which they don't always do!) they then spent 16 minutes wittering on about Man Utd vs Chelsea, 3 minutes talking about how Everton lost at home to Reading (entirely from Everton's perspective) and that was that. On a day that there was ONE Premier League game, ONE FA Cup game, THREE Championship games and a full set of fixtures in Leagues One, Two and the Blue Square Premier. I know that they always do it and I shouldn't be surprised, but they are meant to be a public service broadcaster!

For chrissakes, get over it ! We know how good we are, that's all that matters.

Really?
I would think the more media coverage we get the more new interest is generated.
More interst generated normally achieves extra revenue.
More revenue more success.

just a thought.

The French Mistress

Jun 24, 2007
Disagree just a tad there, we have a job filling Withdean as it is, no matter how many times it's 'sold out' , there are always empty seats. Sales going well at Falmer, though, can't say the media would have been responsible for that. More revenue does not guarantee you more success, as other better publicised clubs in our league are finding.
My original point therefore stands, we'll quietly get on with it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sky Sports News showed a pre-match pitchside interview with the Yeovil boss Terry Skiverton last night. After a couple of cursory questions about that nights game coming up against Gus's team, the the remainder of the interview was devoted to the REAL issues of the night - which way did he think the Chelsea v Man U game would go ?

*sigh*

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be fair to sky though , there were 40k in attendance and how many watching 2 million ? plus pubs that had a decent turn out.

As an average accross the country that fixture is far more meaningful than all other fixtures last night.

Edit *** not to us , the 3.5 k at Yeovil and there few thousand others it mattered to**

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
To be fair to sky though , there were 40k in attendance and how many watching 2 million ? plus pubs that had a decent turn out.

As an average accross the country that fixture is far more meaningful than all other fixtures last night.

Edit *** not to us , the 3.5 k at Yeovil and there few thousand others it mattered to**

But presumably anyone arsed about Chelsea v Man Utd would have been watching it and not Sky Sports News?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Sky I expect to pretty well ignore us and I don't have a problem with that. It's all about the Premiership and I don't bother subscribing for that reason. The wankness of BBC South though just gets right up my nose, probably unreasonably. Looking forward to tonight when I'm willing to lay money they bemoan promotion chasing Saints lack of luck and will certainly not mention that we have re-opened a considerable 10 point gap on them again by winning at Yeovil. I half expect non playing Bournemouth to get more coverage than us :lolol:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The BBC football coverage is equally laughable at a national level. I listened to the 5 Live football daily this morning, and while they read out all of the results (which they don't always do!) they then spent 16 minutes wittering on about Man Utd vs Chelsea, 3 minutes talking about how Everton lost at home to Reading (entirely from Everton's perspective) and that was that. On a day that there was ONE Premier League game, ONE FA Cup game, THREE Championship games and a full set of fixtures in Leagues One, Two and the Blue Square Premier. I know that they always do it and I shouldn't be surprised, but they are meant to be a public service broadcaster!

Oh, I thought Five Live had turned itself into a celebrity entertainment station. They spend every afternoon talking about music, or tv, or radio, or other parts of the BBC. Trivia, trivia, trivia... Welcome to Nation Crapola.

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
BBC South don't cover us for the simple reason that Brighton isn't in their region. East Sussex is covered by BBC South East, who do cover the Albion reasonably.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
BBC South don't cover us for the simple reason that Brighton isn't in their region. East Sussex is covered by BBC South East, who do cover the Albion reasonably.

Sorry I did actually mean BBC South East ( well if that's the one Sally Taylor is on). Although thinking about it, is there a BBC South and a BBC South East TV station?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here