Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC South Sports report at 0730

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
BBC South don't cover us for the simple reason that Brighton isn't in their region. East Sussex is covered by BBC South East, who do cover the Albion reasonably.

But I'm pretty sure most people in Brighton watch BBC South rather than South East so surely it is their region.

Apparently in Oxford they get half of South Today and then switch to BBC Oxford for the second half of the news, surely that is the way to go as it would include the sport.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Last nights edition too... started off with Gillingham, then Charlton & finally us... we have let an 8 point lead slip & couldn't even score at the weekend... good luck to the Gills.... I only watch it for Polly & Laura :blush:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
Sorry I did actually mean BBC South East ( well if that's the one Sally Taylor is on). Although thinking about it, is there a BBC South and a BBC South East TV station?

Sally Taylor is BBC South, there is a separate BBC South East. If you're on digital satellite then you should have BBC South East in the programme listings (I used to watch it through the satellite when I lived in Scotland), if you go through an aerial I think you need to go off the Heathfield transmitter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I found BBC Sout East last night. Decent coverage of the Albion but what a hammy tv station. The headine news item was about a biker being filmed doing a wheelie and caught by an unmarked police bike doing 150. I have to reluctantly admit that Albion coverage apart BBC South is way more professional.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
On another media element, a colleague at work was reading the Sun's monday football section recently and he commented on how little coverage Brighton get. He showed me the half page that SCC got and the 6-8 lines that we got,, after demolishing Pool.
He asked whether this was a result of our continued success. i.e we have been top for so long, that people just take it for granted and therefore find it less interesting.
Mr.Soundbite got a lot of coverage, before the w/e saying they were the team capable of catching Brighton ( but strangely quiet since tues night )
I think the local BBC are falling into that trap as well i.e " another routine win for Brighton "...lets move quickly on to something more interesting.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I found BBC Sout East last night. Decent coverage of the Albion but what a hammy tv station. The headine news item was about a biker being filmed doing a wheelie and caught by an unmarked police bike doing 150. I have to reluctantly admit that Albion coverage apart BBC South is way more professional.

Just out of interest, when the Whitehawk transmitter goes fully digital March 2012 they are switching the programming to the BBC South East region. Certainly the coverage of the Albion is much better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here