Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bbc Scr

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Don't get me wrong people.. I am a great fan of the efforts BBC put on to bring us live football. It's much appreciated by me and all! BUT, despite Harty's even greater efforts, it's such an amateur station! I listen to quite a few station regularly : SCR, Capital Gold, Talk Sport, Southern FM (work enforce it!) Splash FM, Mid Downs Radio (Hospital Radio!) .. and SCR is without doubt the least professional station. Long extended periods of silence for no reason.. the continual mispronounciation of local town names... then today some poor sod got cut off the phone in and replaced by an advert (albeit for Children In Need - a good cause) and after they failed at the first attempt to try to get the cut off caller back on, they wasted even more airtime on Mike Ward. A man who is so NOT synonymous with our club. He spouts so much sarcastic crap it's no wonder he's a TV critic - we all know how much they know about TV!

Come on guys.. seek perfection, the station could be so much better if it were not so amateur. The Mid Downs Radio Hospital Radio service is more professional than you lot! Harty & Hawesy excluded.. not Leesy though - how that guy has managed to have the long career he has is miraculous.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I wish they'd make it so's I can listen to the phone in on my way home. I get about 200 yards up the A23 and the :censored: signal starts disappearing.

However, if I want to listen about Woking, Farnborough, Aldershot, Camberley etc., I get great coverage and reception almost all the way into Sussex.

Why? Pisses me off every time I drive home from a game.

It's bollocks. The Albion has a fan base way beyond Brighton's city limits FFS so why does coverage not extend further?

Your right JtM...it's amateurish although I still think Leesy has a place.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'm Brian and so is my wife said:

I'll tell you what, I must admit that Leesy is good comedy value!!!!! I remember loads of games where he commentated on us a few years ago and did not have the faintest clue of who had scored for us.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
But he is still an Albion fan...who hasn't a clue sometimes:lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I wish they'd make it so's I can listen to the phone in on my way home. I get about 200 yards up the A23 and the :censored: signal starts disappearing.

However, if I want to listen about Woking, Farnborough, Aldershot, Camberley etc., I get great coverage and reception almost all the way into Sussex.

Why? Pisses me off every time I drive home from a game.

It's bollocks. The Albion has a fan base way beyond Brighton's city limits FFS so why does coverage not extend further?

There seem to be at least 3 SCR frequencies.
Just north of Brighton you lose the Brighton frequency (96.something ??), and have to switch to one of the 104.something frequencies. One of them has the non-league Surrey based crap and the other carries the Brighton stuff (not sure which is which though). I can still get it around the Billingshurst area where I live.

I definitely agree about the low standards on SCR - and I don't exclude Harty from that - he seems to agree with everything anyone says - even the idiots slagging off Dick Knight, Dean White and co this evening.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
But he is still an Albion fan...who hasn't a clue sometimes:lolol:

Granted!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It's 104.8 and that's the freq. I try to listen to. Still useless up the A23/M23/M25 but thanks anyway for the tip.

Strangest thing is that when I come off the M25, turn on to the A3 the signal comes back:censored: Guess I'll have to drive faster...

Agree about Harty too...he can be shit sometimes, especially when he has to ask questions to keep a call interesting.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can get SCR on meduim wave as well - is that range better ?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Beach Hut said:
You can get SCR on meduim wave as well - is that range better ?

Good suggestion, thanks...now to try and find their frequencies

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

curly

Jul 5, 2003
gosport
i live the other side of portsmouth (yes again!) and i can recieve scr othough not perfect, so i am able to listen to all the games still:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

rumour has it the lad hawesy is getting gigs with the might radio5 now, and if that continues, will be lost to the albion for all time. who will we get instead? want someone decent and not some disc jockey who has heard of bobby zamora and thinks he wants the job.
but who will we get instead? some of us overseas live on the SCR reports!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I'll do it if they can match my wages ! My CV has hospital radio experience on it, plus I'm a life long Albion fan - what more could they want!?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just don't give the job to Mike Ward

Jul 21, 2003
been to Crawley few times its in SUSSEX wot p155es me off is the recepytion for the SUSSEX version is lost with the signals for the Surrey version if im in SUSSEX than i dont wanna f***ing hear about ALdershot in F***ING HAMPSHIRE! SORT IT OUT YOU ****** OF SCR!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Clearly Titanic you weren't listening to the whole show, and I certainly don't agree with what you say!
The caller concerning Dean White may have had a point, I have to let him on, the same goes for anyone who has a pop the Chairman, I have to be Devils Advocate.
On the subject of prolonging callers, I can only go on what studio tell me in my headphones, ie if there's not another caller lined up unless the current caller is a complete basket case whats the point of getting them off until we've got someone else coming through?
I freely admit its a new telephone system at the Beeb and its having its teething troubles but as last Tuesday's phone-in proved, record caller numbers and over 120 text messages, its still very popular.
I've probably got a show this week if black smoke appears from Pope Dick's chimney and we have a new candidate in the dugout so come on Titanic why don't you come on and vent your spleen?
You and the half dozen or so others who seem to knock SCR, myself, Hawesy, Leesy and Mike Ward at every available opportunity can listen along with the thousands of other Albion fans who enjoy it.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I think in a way that what makes SCR so good in its own way.

At least the Footie is run by people who are Brighton thru and thru,and not some no name commentators who comes along to just take the money and spout a load of crap and have no feeling for the Club.

After watching you at a game a couple of years ago Harty,I agree with what you say,all you do is out the people on air that you are told to and sometimes they are on another planet.

Not Hartys fault is it??

Keep up the good work Mate:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here