Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC SCR say the club is to review....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rangdo said:
But what are you going to moan about next season?

Only the quality of play if required.

If you looked at how other clubs deal with this you would see how much the club has got it wrong.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Beach Hut said:
See the Argus tonight - finally sense and hopefully a change where STH gets first call.

The same at all other clubs no less.

Shame its had to take one game like this and the resultant fuss for the Club to see sense.

Perry has come out of this very badly indeed; considering he didnt go into it in the best shape either. No doubt Uncle Dick has come back from his break in Spain to see his inbox full of irate STHs and blown fire up Perry's arse.

Is it too much to ask for a Chief Executive who knows how to run a football club properly?

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Beach Hut said:

If you looked at how other clubs deal with this you would see how much the club has got it wrong.

Exactly, every other club in the country no doubt. Well done to all the STHs for the letter writing, calls to Harty's show etc. Common sense has prevailed.... at long last.

Some of the comments of here in the last week or so really make you wonder what morons support this Club of ours tho.

:clap: :clap: STHs - TOP PRIORITY :clap: :clap:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Beach Hut said:

I thought you were happy? Don't start bloody moaning AGAIN! :lolol:

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
samparish said:
So if these changes take place, will there be any point to the AMS?

Not really, thats why the Club must employ an away loyalty card if there are SOOOOO many of these fantastically loyal away supporters. Then the right people will be rewarded. Just like the England Fans Club, tickets allocated on loyalty points. The cherry pickers will then only get tickets for the big games once the appropriate people have their tickets.

It really is not rocket science.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Ian Bairds Fist said:
Not really, thats why the Club must employ an away loyalty card if there are SOOOOO many of these fantastically loyal away supporters. Then the right people will be rewarded. Just like the England Fans Club, tickets allocated on loyalty points. The cherry pickers will then only get tickets for the big games once the appropriate people have their tickets.

It really is not rocket science.

Eh? But if we have a big away game with a ticket allocation of 3,500 no one other than STH (if they all apply) will get a ticket. So the AMS or away loyalty card would mean precisely nothing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
DJ Leon said:
Eh? But if we have a big away game with a ticket allocation of 3,500 no one other than STH (if they all apply) will get a ticket. So the AMS or away loyalty card would mean precisely nothing.

I doubt it would work like that.

Personally because the FA cup comes along this time of year, I would only allocate STH the amount of points for the games so far.

So if you've been to as many games as STH has effectively paid for so far but bought a ticket each time (home or away) you are effectively at the same level.

STH who also go to away games will probably right at the front of the queue statistically.

Simply based on your attendance.

Resets at the start of the season.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
DJ Leon said:

That's because according to Beach Hut you are not worthy of a ticket, us away fans are second class citizens and must KNOW OUR PLACE.

I know I do :bowdown:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
clapham_gull said:

Personally because the FA cup comes along this time of year, I would only allocate STH the amount of points for the games so far.

So if you've been to as many games as STH has effectively paid for so far but bought a ticket each time (home or away) you are effectively at the same level.

STH who also go to away games will probably right at the front of the queue statistically.

So STH could still miss out? :D

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
DJ Leon said:

Take cover lads I sense a storm a-brewin :lolol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
DJ Leon said:

In theory ....

.. but unlikely.

.. and if they did if would be because someone who has been to MORE games than them got to the front of the queue.

I wouldn't complain in that instance.

I think the club need to actually give some incentive to get people in the door at Withdean the moment which has been kind of forgotten in terms of the allocation arguments on here.

If you are going to properly install a rewards system - the club need to get something out of it too.

ie USE IT TO ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO GO TO GAMES AT WITHDEAN.

Last edited:

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
clapham_gull said:

Not a bad idea at all.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
DJ Leon said:

Any 'big' away game will mean we get at LEAST 5000 tickets. Unless you class Colchester as 'big'?

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
I'm getting sick of season ticket holders hailing themselves as the saviours of the club, I've supported the Albion for 30 years and never owned a season ticket, however during a number of those seasons i've either never missed a home game or only missed one or two (one season never missed an away game either) so i'm so fuckin sorry that I got off my arse and got my application in early. I appreciate that me (and others like me) are so lucky to have a West Ham ticket and are not worthy, so season ticket holders heres to you
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Dennis and Lois said:
I'm getting sick of season ticket holders hailing themselves as the saviours of the club, I've supported the Albion for 30 years and never owned a season ticket, however during a number of those seasons i've either never missed a home game or only missed one or two (one season never missed an away game either) so i'm so fuckin sorry that I got off my arse and got my application in early. I appreciate that me (and others like me) are so lucky to have a West Ham ticket and are not worthy, so season ticket holders heres to you

I'm a season ticket holder and if the above is true, then you should get a higher priority than me in my opinion if at a certain point in the season you've been to more games than me.

I'm sorry but the "application" theory is nonsense because I know of a season ticket holder (who goes away) who applied early (before me) and didn't get a ticket.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Dennis and Lois said:

Our (STHs) beef isnt with people like yourself. You deserve a ticket and rightly got one.
However, there are far too many people going to West Ham who havent seen the Albion since Spurs away. Then there are STHs sitting at home. THATS whats wrong.

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
I apologise for the opening statement, I respect anyone who has a season ticket at Withdean, I think the point i'm trying to make is when there are only 3/4/5000 tickets available for a biggie in London no policy on earth will ensure these tickets end up in the 'right' hands

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
El Presidente said:
Unless they throw a HISSY FIT, and bombard NSC and SCR with evidence of their SUPERFANDOM.

As you well know and constantly and rather pathetically chose to ignore the issue is STHs that the club request money well in advance from and showing loyalty to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here