Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC SCR say the club is to review....

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
I made this suggestion in another thread a couple of weeks back. I've got no problem with STH having priority BUT, in my opinion, regular away fans and those that buy individual tickets for each home match have just as much right to tickets for big games.

Why not make it simple, one point for every match ticket bought from the club, home, away, season tix or one game at a time, what's the difference? If you buy more tickets and support both at home and away AND get your application in on time, then the most deserving fans would get tickets. Wouldn't they?

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Dennis and Lois said:
I apologise for the opening statement, I respect anyone who has a season ticket at Withdean, I think the point i'm trying to make is when there are only 3/4/5000 tickets available for a biggie in London no policy on earth will ensure these tickets end up in the 'right' hands

Thats why i hope with a STH and Away Loyalty scheme in place the right people will get them. These schemes are a huge success at larger clubs that need to do it due to the huge demand for tickets. Unfortunately our Club hasnt realised the potential we have and the number of people that want a ticket for a 3rd round tie in East London.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Dennis and Lois said:
I apologise for the opening statement, I respect anyone who has a season ticket at Withdean, I think the point i'm trying to make is when there are only 3/4/5000 tickets available for a biggie in London no policy on earth will ensure these tickets end up in the 'right' hands

I think it can. No need to apologise.

It's really a case of making sure as few as possible don't end up in the wrong hands.

My STH is a bit of an insurance policy for me. I always miss a few games a season, this year I've actually missed a few due to circumstances and havent been able to get away as much as I would have liked.

We also go as a family and obviously like to sit together (although that has been complicated this season for other reasons!)

Basically - I know there are fans who don't have STH but travel away a lot and go to most home games as well.

I see them as more "worthy" than myself.

But - honestly people who bring their kids along with STH and really are "investing" in the club, by helping to ensure support in the future should be recognised and not attacked by some who say "well that's alright if you can afford to do so....blah, blah, blah"

Quite astonishing attacks along those lines recently.

My dad took me and my brother along when we were too small to remember.

I can't remember my first game at all.

When I see people still doing that what with the prices, the attraction of big premiership clubs etc... I think good on you, hope you get your tickets for West Ham, you deserve them.

Last edited:

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
clapham_gull said:
I think it can. No need to apologise.

It's really a case of making sure as few as possible don't end up in the wrong hands.

My STH is a bit of an insurance policy for me. I always miss a few games a season, this year I've actually missed a few due to circumstances and havent been able to get away as much as I would have liked.

We also go as a family and obviously like to sit together (although that has been complicated this season for other reasons!)

Basically - I know there are fans who don't have STH but travel away a lot and go to most home games as well.

I see them as more "worthy" than myself.

But - honestly people who bring their kids along with STH and really are "investing" in the club, by helping to ensure support in the future should be recognised and not attacked by some who say "well that's alright if you can afford to do so....blah, blah, blah"

My dad took me and my brother along when we were too small to remember.

I can't remember my first game at all.

When I see people still doing that what with the prices, the attraction of big premiership clubs etc... I think good on you, hope you get a ticket for West Ham !

Absolutely spot on. :clap:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I think that people who go to most home games but aren't STH should get priority as they are putting more money into the club.

STH are just ripping the club off by trying to get cheap tickets by buying them early and in bulk. You're killing this club you disloyal, blood sucking leeches.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
El Presidente said:
Unless they throw a HISSY FIT, and bombard NSC and SCR with evidence of their SUPERFANDOM.
I'm intrigued by the depth of your hatred for STHs. Do you see them as the establishment or bourgeoisie of the football fan world?
I suspect lot of current STHs would never have bothered at the Goldstone in the days of terraces and pay on the gate.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Rangdo said:
I think that people who go to most home games but aren't STH should get priority as they are putting more money into the club.

STH are just ripping the club off by trying to get cheap tickets by buying them early and in bulk. You're killing this club you disloyal, blood sucking leeches.

:D

We always apply at the last minute to ensure the club get more money.

( just call me uber...)

But you are dead on about those who pay for home games on game per game basis.

My god the clubs needs them now and an incentive scheme to get them in the door would seem a very good idea would it not ?

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
mona said:
I'm intrigued by the depth of your hatred for STHs. Do you see them as the establishment or bourgeoisie of the football fan world?
I suspect lot of current STHs would never have bothered at the Goldstone in the days of terraces and pay on the gate.

The ESTABLISHMENT view is that season ticket holders don't make a noise and expect better facilities and priority, whilst AWAY FANS always cheer on the team and travel MILES and cheer fanatically when the team are 1-0 down and ENSURE that the team come back and win the game.

There's a lot of truth in that :lolol:

.. but what it completely ignores is that there are hundreds of fans in BOTH groups.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
clapham_gull said:
:D

We always apply at the last minute to ensure the club get more money.

( just call me uber...)

But you are dead on about those who pay for home games on game per game basis.

My god the clubs needs them now and an incentive scheme to get them in the door would seem a very good idea would it not ?

I bet you don't. I bet you're one of those ones that buys their ST well before the end of a promotion season so that you don't have to pay extra when the prices go up thus robbing the club of even more money.

I bet you make the club send you your season ticket as well instead of going to pick it up so that they have to waste loads of their income on postage.

When this club goes down the pan you'll only have yourselves to blame. There'll be no West Ham Tickets for anyone. Then you'll be sorry. :jester:

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Rangdo said:
I bet you don't. I bet you're one of those ones that buys their ST well before the end of a promotion season so that you don't have to pay extra when the prices go up thus robbing the club of even more money.

I bet you make the club send you your season ticket as well instead of going to pick it up so that they have to waste loads of their income on postage.

When this club goes down the pan you'll only have yourselves to blame. There'll be no West Ham Tickets for anyone. Then you'll be sorry. :jester:

Nope, but the STH defending the right of people who havent been to a game since Cardiff are probably doing so out of GUILT after accepting their HUGE discount.

:jester:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Where's TLO now, to try justify the club's possible change of policy?

Perhaps the club has finally realised that pissing off your best Customers is not good business sense.

Shame that there are already so many upset STHs.

A loyalty scheme would not be too difficult to operate - we only get gates of 6000, and take if we're lucky 1,000 away. Reward all the people who go to support the team on a regular basis, not someone who goes once every two years but happens to live in Brighton so can get their application in first.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Juan Albion said:
Season Ticket Holders - the Leon Knights of the Brighton fanbase.

Why can't you understand it. It's not very difficult.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE BOTH STH AND AM WHO GO TO AN AWFUL LOT OF AWAY GAMES.

AT THE MOMENT THEY ARE BEING TREATED THE SAME AS SOMEONE WHO GOES TO ONE GAME A SEASON BUT WHO IS AN AM.

That's why the club will have to change its policy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
mona said:

No, I was being IRONIC :wave:

Some STH have said that they would have been happier if the Albion had only been allocated 1,000 tickets for West Ham, PROVIDED that they all went to STH.

This would mean that 1,500 FEWER STH would go to the match. Is is that particular attitude that I dislike.

I have no problem with STH being given priority, (I used to be one myself when I lived in Brighton) but I have no time for SPITE.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:

AT THE MOMENT THEY ARE BEING TREATED THE SAME AS SOMEONE WHO GOES TO ONE GAME A SEASON BUT WHO IS AN AM.

yep - if I had taken my friend to Millwall and hadn't gone on holiday last minute he would have been guarenteed a ticket.

Incidently the last game he went to was West Ham away. :lolol:

.. and he supports Arsenal.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:

And if the West Ham game had been at home? Or when we get Manure at home in the next round? Would those who travel to all the away games but don't have a season ticket get treated the same as a STH?

And there are people who go to all the home games but can't afford to buy a season ticket. Why should STHs gain priority over them? THAT'S NOT TOO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND EITHER.

As it was, season ticket holders who never go to Doncaster or Port Vale or even Millwall or Bournemouth (or any away games whatsover) get first crack at HALF the tickets for an AWAY game. And if they are in the AMS, they could submit an application in that too. Seems to me the club got it pretty much spot on, but the STHs couldn't keep their toys in the pram if they lost out in a fair draw.

gollum

Dec 29, 2004
It should be so simple.

Priority should go to season ticket holders and non season ticket holders who are regular followers away from home. These must be the fans who get the tickets.

Our average away following is roughly 700-800, so we probably have a pool of about 1500 fans who regularly go away, many of these also being STH.

Given there are 4,000 season ticket holders, the split should be roughly 75%/25%. (50%/50% as is current is a joke). STH get theirs based on first come first served, away followers get their ticket based on the number of away ticket stubs collected that season. The more stubs you have, the higher you are in the queue. Most clubs issue them and if they don't it shouldn't be too much of an issue to request the home club to issue vouchers to the away fans at the turnstiles. All ticket stubs are then returned in case there is another big match later that same season.

This will prevent the part time glory hunters from getting tickets which they clearly do not deserve. If they want to go to an away game there are 23 a season and plenty local or in London.

Whilst I sympathise with people who work or have young families to support and cannot afford the expenditure, in the majority of cases this is their own decision and it's tough.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
gollum said:
It should be so simple.

Priority should go to season ticket holders and non season ticket holders who are regular followers away from home. These must be the fans who get the tickets.

Our average away following is roughly 700-800, so we probably have a pool of about 1500 fans who regularly go away, many of these also being STH.

Given there are 4,000 season ticket holders, the split should be roughly 75%/25%. (50%/50% as is current is a joke). STH get theirs based on first come first served, away followers get their ticket based on the number of away ticket stubs collected that season. The more stubs you have, the higher you are in the queue. Most clubs issue them and if they don't it shouldn't be too much of an issue to request the home club to issue vouchers to the away fans at the turnstiles. All ticket stubs are then returned in case there is another big match later that same season.

This will prevent the part time glory hunters from getting tickets which they clearly do not deserve. If they want to go to an away game there are 23 a season and plenty local or in London.

Whilst I sympathise with people who work or have young families to support and cannot afford the expenditure, in the majority of cases this is their own decision and it's tough.

I would like to see the club kill two birds with one stone to be honest and within any system encourage people to come to home games.

There's where the situation has changed since the last big away game - low home attendances.

I'm all for rewarding away fans - but in the current climate, I wouldn't actually give them priority over home fans.

But if you've been to all the away games this season - fair dues,

If we were selling out Withdean, I may have a different opinion.

At the end of the day any "loyalty" system has to encourage more sales else why bother ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here