Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] BBC Radio 6 Music

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Keaveny leaving 14th September. He can be hit or miss on the Partrdgeness, although I did almost spit out my tea a few days back at his chuckle-tastic Nigella pronunciation of ‘microwave’ (mee-crow-warvey)

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Bring back Adam and Joe!

And get rid of that Hobbs woman in the mornings. She's dreadful.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Bring back Adam and Joe!

And get rid of that Hobbs woman in the mornings. She's dreadful.

The morning stuff is all boring chattering these days. Probably due to female hosts. Lauren Laverne is fist bitingly boring .

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Absolutely brilliant morning so far, some early rockabilly and blues, now Ennio Morricone in the 6 music salutes section.

Where else do you hear such a wide variety of styles of music.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's said now that the new person wanted to lessen his commitments. Bit odd really, if anyone needed taking out of the daytime it was Mary Ann Hobbs, she's fine at what she does but it's not really lunchtime listening

I listened to his final R6 show. He did reveal that his bosses had decided upon a new direction, so he was pushed, but respect to SK as he showed no bitterness.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I don't normally do Iggy Confidential but he was playing some mellow bangers this week, including Morricone's TGTB&TU tune, poss same one referred to above, dying soldier in the wagon scene.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I listened to his final R6 show. He did reveal that his bosses had decided upon a new direction, so he was pushed, but respect to SK as he showed no bitterness.

I did wonder. Appreciate he divided opinion but was also much loved. Could backfire that one. Gutted to have missed that last show as had been listening to his slot most of that week. What was his last tune, if you can remember - My Way?

Surprised he revealed it wasn't his decision on air btw, if he did. Good for him though!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I did wonder. Appreciate he divided opinion but was also much loved. Could backfire that one. Gutted to have missed that last show as had been listening to his slot most of that week. What was his last tune, if you can remember - My Way?

Surprised he revealed it wasn't his decision on air btw, if he did. Good for him though!

It was a great last show. He ditched the abrasive sarcasm, instead playing his favourite songs, with a load of friends from the music world calling in. Drinking a few beers at the same time!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Can they do something about the 4-7 slot next, I'm struggling with it on the drive home.

SK blew hot/cold for me, but SL is depressing to listen to most of the time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A brilliant interview with Paul Morley is on just now, about Tony Wilson, also the late 70's music scene.

The occasional mention of obscure bands of that time, great for [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION].

Unfortunately I was out. Not currently available. I guess it will be listenable later at some point. :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Unfortunately I was out. Not currently available. I guess it will be listenable later at some point. :thumbsup:

Well worth a listen, it lasted about 45 minutes. Bizarrely with a couple of contempory, unrelated songs in the middle to keep the hip-hop listeners on board.

I like Paul Morley, he evoked a feeling of real change musically in that era.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here