Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC League One predictor

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Just been whiling away my lunch break on that predictor thing. Did all results from the next to the final fixtures before hitting the 'update table' and my top six came out like this;

1. Brighton 99 +55
2. Huddersfield 88 +32
3. Orient 86 +32
4. Southampton 85 +45
5. Bournemouth 85 +36
6. Peterborough 83 +30

Obviously there was a tiny bit of biased towards Brighton, but I still tried to be as honest as I could. Just a bit of fun.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I did this the other day and also tried to be unbiased, in fact I was quite harsh on us and I still had us to win the league. We are 2 points ahead of my tally already as I had us to draw at Brentford.

Do you really think Orient will reach 3rd?! The thing with these predictor things is that all of the predictions are based on current form, so everynody that has been winning pretty much continues winning and the same with losing. That's what I find anyway.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I got (being very biased against us)

B'Muff 94 +38
ALBION 90 +45
Peterborough 85 +25
Stains 84 +36
Udders 80 +21
Borient 76 +18

Stains lose to Borient 1-0 in play off final

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Do you really think Orient will reach 3rd?! The thing with these predictor things is that all of the predictions are based on current form, so everynody that has been winning pretty much continues winning and the same with losing. That's what I find anyway.

Orient might come third, someone posted the current average points per game for the top end of the table and Orient were a very respectable second...I was wondering if they might even sneak into the second automatic promotion place!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
The doing it on current form did stick out in my mind while doing it which did mean Orient were the team I was finding to win most games.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Orient might come third, someone posted the current average points per game for the top end of the table and Orient were a very respectable second...I was wondering if they might even sneak into the second automatic promotion place!

I had Orient winning the league! They have an easy run-in, only two of the current top 8 (and both of those at home). We were pipped for second place by SCC (on goal difference) - the natural pessimism of the Brighton supporter asserts itself.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Taking away May 7 results I had (final day) I had 4 teams that could still grab second place... now that would make for an interesting season end day!

2. Orient 85 +32
3. Huddersfield 85 +31
4. Southampton 82 +42
5. Bournemouth 82 +34

Orient drawing away to Plymouth (another form side as far as the bottom end goes)
Huddersfield beating Brentford at home
Southampton beating Wallsall at home
Bournemouth beating Rochdale at home

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You had Bournemouth to win EVERY game? Even away to Peterborough?

Yes I did, although I really don't know why!!!

Focus was on making sure Brighton games were looked at as if every game was played below par, in other worsd getting a draw when we'll probably win etc. You are right I'm a twat, but a happy twat that knows Brighton are going up and I had £20 back in Jun on them to do just that!!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
This is the predicted totals based on average points per game home and away taking into account remaining games home and away. I slightly cocked it up by rounding up the home game ppg and not the away but it doesnt make much difference!

Attachments

• latest form.jpg
    latest form.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 1,011

Yes I did, although I really don't know why!!!

Focus was on making sure Brighton games were looked at as if every game was played below par, in other worsd getting a draw when we'll probably win etc. You are right I'm a twat, but a happy twat that knows Brighton are going up and I had £20 back in Jun on them to do just that!!

I don't remember calling you a twat, but okay! What odds did you get?

I have done it now and even being incredibly pessimistic (well at least I thought I was) I had us winning the league with 90 points.

1 Brighton 90 +43
2 Bournemouth 89 +37
3 Peterborough 89 +32
4 Southampton 85 +46
5 Huddersfield 84 +27
6 Leyton Orient 82 +32

Also, is it me or have they missed out Southampton v Plymouth? I ended up with both teams having played only 45 games, but couldn't see a fixture that I'd missed. I've included a 3-0 Saints win in my table above.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Blimey Turkey, that would be a very bad year for the West Country, with all of their teams apart from Exeter in the bottom five.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I got (being very biased against us)

B'Muff 94 +38
ALBION 90 +45
Peterborough 85 +25
Stains 84 +36
Udders 80 +21
Borient 76 +18

Stains lose to Borient 1-0 in play off final

Do you know something I don't,like b'muff signing messi,Ronaldo & glen Murray on loan or have you been sniffing something you shouldn't.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
All that Hoo Hah (whatever) with Swindon at the start of the season & they go & end up relegated! They must be crying themselves to sleep at night what with all the money they had.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Do you know something I don't,like b'muff signing messi,Ronaldo & glen Murray on loan or have you been sniffing something you shouldn't.

Also they have not won more than 3 games on the trot so far this season but you think they will win their next 11.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
All that Hoo Hah (whatever) with Swindon at the start of the season & they go & end up relegated! They must be crying themselves to sleep at night what with all the money they had.

Fcuking Hilarious isn't it! all that Greer making a sidewards step blah blah blah

DIRK STEELE

Banned
Mar 4, 2011
London now.
Interesting table Turkey..... I used current form PPG - last 6 games at home and away,from the statto site, and achieved the following..

Brighton 98 (because last 6 home games have given us 3 points per game!)
SCC 83
Hudd 82
PeterB 82
BournM 81
MKD 77
LO 77

this tries to take into account things like Orients current form and changes in management/players etc...84 points could win the league!

We will need a serious drop in form to lose out.... but I am still bloody nervous!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I had us winning the league with 92 points, and Peterborough second..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here