Plymouth
-------------
Yeovil
Walsall
Bristol R
Swindon

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Blimey Turkey, that would be a very bad year for the West Country, with all of their teams apart from Exeter in the bottom five.

Hadn't noticed that, good point!

Interesting table Turkey..... I used current form PPG - last 6 games at home and away,from the statto site, and achieved the following..

Brighton 98 (because last 6 home games have given us 3 points per game!)
SCC 83
Hudd 82
PeterB 82
BournM 81
MKD 77
LO 77

this tries to take into account things like Orients current form and changes in management/players etc...84 points could win the league!

We will need a serious drop in form to lose out.... but I am still bloody nervous!

Yeah, but it certainly looks like 84 points will be enough. That's 5 wins and a draw from our last 13.

It's just over a point a game really. We really should do it now.. Having Saints and Hudds coming to us helps too as we may just need to draw those games to maintain the gap and we are bloody brilliant timewasters :D

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Ive done this twice recently, and on both occasions, we were promoted AND crowned champions after beating Walsall.
Im not doing it a 3rd time, just hoping that the 3rd time is for real so Southampton have to give us the guard of honour the following week.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Do you know something I don't,like b'muff signing messi,Ronaldo & glen Murray on loan or have you been sniffing something you shouldn't.

Good point, see earlier comment, I was working very hard at being a twat!

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Couldn't be arsed to do it all. But... COME ON! YOU SUPER SOARAWAY SEAGULLS.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Being pretty harsh on Brighton I got:

1. Brighton 95
2. Peterborough 86
3. Huddersfield 83
4. Southampton 80
5. MK Dons 78
6. Bournemouth 77

21. Swindon 41
22. Bristol Rovers 39
23. Plymouth 38
24. Dagenham 38

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I must be honest I was ultra cautious with The Albion's results and had us joint top with Saints on 88 points.
Can't see O's getting top 6 they have a tough run in.
Had Posh, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and MK Dons in the Play Off's.
Well I'd be happy with Champions on goal difference.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Albion 99
Orient 83
Peter 81
muff 80
Hudds 77
scum 76
SW 73

and I tried to be fair

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
No-one seems to think Southampton will go up automatically yet they are as short as 1-5 with some bookies for promotion and no better than 2-5.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Albion 99
Orient 83
Peter 81
muff 80
Hudds 77
scum 76
SW 73

and I tried to be fair

Blimey.

Sheffield Wednesday would need to average 2.5 a game, when they have only managed 1.3 thus far. Quite a turn around in form!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
No-one seems to think Southampton will go up automatically yet they are as short as 1-5 with some bookies for promotion and no better than 2-5.

Must be a reason fella... like they are shit? :laugh:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Albion 99
Orient 83
Peter 81
muff 80
Hudds 77
scum 76
SW 73

and I tried to be fair

Not a million miles off mine, let's hope we are right.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Just done mine.

Albion - 100
P'boro - 86
-----------
Saints - 85
Huders - 81
B'Mouth - 79
Charlton - 71
------------
Carlisle - 70
L Orient - 69
MK Dons - 68
S Weds - 67
the rest
Yeovil - 52
Swindon - 50
--------
Plymouth - 49
Walsall - 47
Bristol R - 43
Dagers - 39

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Was looking at how many more points we need the other day based on form over the season. As I remember it, Saints had the best points to games ratio of the teams below us in the mix - about 1.75.

If ALL the teams managed that average, I had us down as needing just three wins to be guaranteed a play-off place, while five would be good enough for promotion and the title.

Even if we say six to be sure, that looks very achievable.

Even if all the teams below went on a miraculous run and could sustain 2 points a game, we only needed 20 points to be uncatchable i.e. 6 wins and a couple of draws.

It's looking good.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Even if all the teams below went on a miraculous run and could sustain 2 points a game, we only needed 20 points to be uncatchable i.e. 6 wins and a couple of draws.

It's looking good.

If this happened we'd only need 85 points to win, 17 more. I think you're all be too pessimistic with regard to the chasing pack, the way things are going I'd be surprised if more than 3 teams finished with 80+ points.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

2 points a game is hardly MIRACULOUS, is it? Its what we've done all season. It's what Orient have done over the last two months. Its what Saints, Peterborough and Bournemouth have done for shorter spells.

It's great form, but not unusual.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Must be a reason fella... like they are shit? :laugh:

Point I was making is that either (almost) everyone on here, me included, is wrong, or the market is completely wrong, probably because they were so short pre-season and the bookies don't want any more liabilities. Completely wrong markets don't crop up very often these days, and need to be exploited when they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here