Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Iplayer: proxies

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
how do I watch Iplayer outside of the UK? Im on holiday, tried using proxies but they aren't working for me..cant seem to find one that works, some tell me i dont have javascript running but I do!

help

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
iPlayer isn't available outside the UK, cos Johnny Foreigner doesn't pay the licence fee.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't think you can, well that's what they said when it was introduced.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
oh dear, how am I meant to keep up with the reverends killings and captures?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
iPlayer isn't available outside the UK, cos Johnny Foreigner doesn't pay the licence fee.

I'm sitting in London and can't use it. That's because it's a Danish Bank, and the pages are all served through Copenhagen. All ad banners are in Danish, which is not particularly helpful.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
You're on bloody HOLIDAY.

Enjoy yourself out there, take a break away from computers, TV's and the like.

:facepalm:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm sitting in London and can't use it. That's because it's a Danish Bank, and the pages are all served through Copenhagen. All ad banners are in Danish, which is not particularly helpful.

That is particularly harsh.
Although I'm not sure I could justify watching BBC iPlayer at work in fairness. I take the piss enough with this.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
That is particularly harsh.
Although I'm not sure I could justify watching BBC iPlayer at work in fairness. I take the piss enough with this.

I couldn't justify it either. But it probably wouldn't stop me if I wanted to. Mind, I've not done any work for a month anyway, so I have to spend my time at work doing something.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I can at least LOOK busy when I'm tapping away on here.

Whereas if I was slouching back in my swivelchair catching up on a few backdated Top Gears, questions might be asked.

Keeny01

Sep 24, 2008
how do I watch Iplayer outside of the UK? Im on holiday, tried using proxies but they aren't working for me..cant seem to find one that works, some tell me i dont have javascript running but I do!

help

I tried loads of different options but have been using this successfully from abroad on a daily basis for the last couple of months. There's a monthly fee but you can cancel whenever you want.

VPN UK Shared IP Tunnel UK, USA, Switzerland, Canada, Germany, Italy, Spain VPN tunneling services.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
:wozza:

Probably why he's asking for a UK based proxy?!?

Where is he asking for a UK based proxy ? My reading of it was that he'd tried using proxies but none of them have worked, and just wanted to know if there was some other way around it.

Course if you've got all the anwers then fire away. Be my guest.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Where is he asking for a UK based proxy ? My reading of it was that he'd tried using proxies but none of them have worked, and just wanted to know if there was some other way around it.

Course if you've got all the anwers then fire away. Be my guest.

I've got no need to use a UK based proxy because I'm in the UK so I can't help him there. HOWEVER if he finds a working UK proxy/VPN as someone has already suggested then he'll be able to use iPlayer. A bit like should you want to use something like Hulu over here then you need to connect to a US based proxy/VPN.

Is stating the bleeding obvious the reason why you have nearly 35k posts?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've got no need to use a UK based proxy because I'm in the UK so I can't help him there. HOWEVER if he finds a working UK proxy/VPN as someone has already suggested then he'll be able to use iPlayer. A bit like should you want to use something like Hulu over here then you need to connect to a US based proxy/VPN.

I suppose it must be. :rolleyes:

For the record, I wasn't aware that the BBC iPlayer was not available abroad until I tried to use it a couple of years ago, and then discovered the reason. I suppose that makes me some kind of drooling, swivel-eyed cabbage-brained mong, but hey ho, we can't all aspire to be as instantly technosavvy as the likes of you.

Carry on.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull

try as many proxys as you want, IT WILL NOT WORK.

I seem to remember the Beeb said on the website that there was plans to make at least some iplayer content available to us runaways but nothing seems to have happened. But the radio is available so at least i can listen to ISIHAC and ISIRTA. :thumbsup:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here