Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Falmer thred

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Silent Bob said:
Si James
"its only the arrogance of BHA that has denied them the stadium they need. They never should never have submitted a planning application for Falmer, but they thought they were bigger than the planning process. If they go bust it's only their fault."

Does this make ANY sense to anyone?

No! Surely submitting an application would be adhering to the planning process. If we were arrogant and thought we were bigger than it (PP) then we would have just built the stadium!

:dunce:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:
No! Surely submitting an application would be adhering to the planning process. If we were arrogant and thought we were bigger than it (PP) then we would have just built the stadium!

:dunce:
Maybe we should have done that, what's the worst that could have happened? :lolol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The Wookiee said:
Steve
I really think BHA fans have been brainwashed by this whole Falmer thing. Why dont they wake up and smell the coffee, it aint going to happen! If the club and the fans realised this some 2 years ago they could of put all their efforts into another site.

This fella is right about the brainwashing and could be right about Falmer not happenning

I kind of lose sympathy with people who use phrases such as 'brainwashing' and fans being 'misled'. I had this the other day from someone and I'm still not sure if it was an attempt to wind me up (it certainly worked).

How can explaining (and proving) that there is no alternative site be brainwashing? It's a bit like saying school brainwashed me because they proved that 9 squared is 81! There may well be a number of other ways to get to 81 but at the end of the day there is only one answer to that question.

This has gone beyond opinion now. The club have said there is nowhere else in Brighton and Hove, B&H council have said the same and LDC have failed to prove otherwise.

There has not been a planning inspector who has said that there IS another site. there was one who said he felt there might be - sheepcote - and then a whole inquiry dedicated to that proved otherwise.

Mind you - all three inspectors said a definite no to Waterhall and it still doesn't stop some 'learned' members of society constantly banging on that it is the 'ideal' place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here