Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Falmer thred

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Just sent the following....

LDC are wasting tax-payers money, and should they get their wish and have a ground built in Sheepcote Valley there would be more traffic congesting the area.

Should Falmer be accepted there would be more tourism in Lewes as it is only one train stop away. More tourism equates to more money and more potential for Lewes. Should it be built anywhere further west then all the tourists would stay in Brighton.

Possibly if LDC looked at the bigger picture they might see, for their own pockets as well as the Seagulls, that Falmer is the only option.

Oh, and as an aside the ground is nearer to East Moulsecoomb than Falmer, but why let that get in the way of facts?!?!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If the LDC continue harping on about saving the land, then surely it makes more sense to contain the development, in between two current developments (Falmer Village and Brighton Uni) as opposed to expanding on the outskirts in Sheepcote Valley.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I’m so angry with some of the comments on here, so have just sent the following to be added. Doubt they’ll publish them though:

James Edwards, hang your head in shame. You have no right to share such a mis-informed opinion on a public forum because you clearly haven't followed this pantomime as closely as tens of thousands of Sussex SPORT fans by your outrageous comments. FALMER FOR ALL have hurdled every lie, spin and argument made against the stadium plans, including yours. A side from the NIMBY underhand tactics from Lewis District Council (against their electorate's wishes) the real disgrace is why Whitehall keeps allowing opponents to continually drag the farce on and on year after year by sanctioning 'more time'. They've had 8+ years now. Most of the NIMBYs aren't even from Sussex, they retire here and have nothing better to do than make people's lives a misery with their snobbery. This is more a class war than anything else. But the masses won't be defeated. We will have our stadium and we'll name the toilets after the objectors. LONG LIVE THE SEAGULLS!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I wonder if some of these NIMBY idiots realise just how stupid their ranting makes them look ?

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
Why not start it with,

" i rejoice everytime a rambler falls and breaks a leg. Each time it's one less nimby standing in the way of and one day closer to the football stadium that we really need, it's our heritage."

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
BOUNCE!

ELS, mine and your comments have both been published, as have loads of others pro-Falmer. The NIMBYS have taken 'one hell of a beating' on that website since it crashed this afternoon!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Quote :

James Edwards
I sincerely hope the plans for the stadium fail. Independent planning inspectors have found that the stadium overwhelmingly fails the planning regulations at Falmer. Prescott went against the advice of his inspectors for goodness only knows what reasons. The club have use of a 9,000 seat stadium now and can't fill it. Prescott only OK'd the plans for two reasons, one of which was false and led to the yes decision being quashed. The other was economic which the inspectors didn't buy into. Just because Falmer is the only location that might possibly get permission doesn't mean it should be built, and nor does it entitle the club to a stadium if it breaches the governments own planning guidelines. It is correct to say that taxpayers money has been wasted on both sides. And this is a disgrace given that the club is a private business and should stand entirely on its own two feet. But as usual, football fans want everyone to pay for their sport except themselves.

:lolol: :shootself :lolol:

Yoda

English & European
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Pull down the Sussex County Hospital and build it there?

What?

Hmm! Just to add something further.

If the stadium is built at SCV, you may as well not bother trying to get to County because of the traffic congestion. :nono:

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Thanks every one who posted. I feel a little calmer now. It's good to read all the post rubbishing the NIMBYs and showing how stupid they are.

I don't think it will sink in to their thick moronic brains though.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
They published mine too, marvellous scenes

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Steve
I really think BHA fans have been brainwashed by this whole Falmer thing. Why dont they wake up and smell the coffee, it aint going to happen! If the club and the fans realised this some 2 years ago they could of put all their efforts into another site.

This fella is right about the brainwashing and could be right about Falmer not happenning

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Si James
"its only the arrogance of BHA that has denied them the stadium they need. They never should never have submitted a planning application for Falmer, but they thought they were bigger than the planning process. If they go bust it's only their fault."

Does this make ANY sense to anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here