Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Falmer thred

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Sorry if this is fixtures but I was just looking at this http://www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounties/content/articles/2006/11/28/falmer_talk_feature.shtml.

And I can't describe how angry I feel.

When I read things like this "Countryside Lover"
I rejoice every time Brighton lose a match. Each time it's one more step to relegation and nearer to the day they won't need a stadium after all. The South Downs are our heritage and not a place to build anything at all. "

I want to post something constructive but all I can think off is "F@ck off and die, you sad F@cking C&nt".

I don't think the BBC will allow this, and it will make brighton fans seem thick.

It's lunch time and i'm going for a drink. If anyone on here would like to post something that is a little more articulate and would get the same message across I would be most greatfull.

::censored: :angry: :drink:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The link doesn't work, but is it really worth the effort trying to educate these peons who clearly have no knowledge of the area whatsever?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Read that comment this morning, discraceful, makes me sick to hear people say things like that.

:nono:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
ozzygull said:
I want to post something constructive but all I can think off is "F@ck off and die, you sad F@cking C&nt".

no, i'd say that was pretty spot on.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
ozzygull said:

I don't think the BBC will allow this, and it will make brighton fans seem thick.

::censored: :angry: :drink:

DAMNIT to late

KARL MONK
WE HAVE HAD TWO INQUIRIES BOTH FOUND FALMER TO BE THE BEST PLACE. THE ONLY OTHER PLACE THAT MITE BE ANY GOOD WOULD HAVE TO BE WATERHALT, AS THIS IS CLOSE TO RAILWAY LINES ( A STATION COULD BE BUILT FOR HOME GAMES )AND THERE IS ALLREADY FOOTBALL AND RUGBY PITCHES THEIR.

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
James Edwards writes on there that the club are responsible for wasting taxpayers money!!!! How off the mark is this!!! If the taxpayer was paying all our bills we would be financially sound!!!

twat!!!!:angry:

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
just sent

WE WANT FALMER!there is no-where else for the stadium.
As for the "Area of Outstanding Beauty" how the how can it be an AONB with loads of shoddy looking University buildings and a massive road running through it?
Come on, how can anyone call that an AONB?

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
ozzygull said:
Sorry if this is fixtures but I was just looking at this http://www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounties/content/articles/2006/11/28/falmer_talk_feature.shtml.

And I can't describe how angry I feel.

When I read things like this "Countryside Lover"
I rejoice every time Brighton lose a match. Each time it's one more step to relegation and nearer to the day they won't need a stadium after all. The South Downs are our heritage and not a place to build anything at all. "

We should write back saying something like " No stadium = no club. Gonna have to think of something else for me and my 6000+ mates to do on a Saturday afternoon. Getting drunk in a lovely pub in Falmer seems like a good idea.

SJ's Love Monkey

Ambrose-ia
Feb 8, 2005
Just chuckling at Charlton
Jeez there are some outrageous comments on there, i particularly liked the twat who said as usual football fans want everyone else to pay for their sport except them! f*** me he is hardly Mr Current Affairs is he?!

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Re: Re: BBC Falmer thred

chez said:
We should write back saying something like " No stadium = no club. Gonna have to think of something else for me and my 6000+ mates to do on a Saturday afternoon. Getting drunk in a lovely pub in Falmer seems like a good idea.

6000+ surely that should be like 20000+

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I just WISH the BBC would publish an aerial photograph of the ENTIRE area. Taking into account TWO Universities, a dual carrageway and a Health Centre.

It would also be nice if they could pin point EXACTELY where the stadium is going to be built. Some people seem to think it is going to be built on the duck pond, when in reality it won't even be visable from there!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Dont let it get to you it is meaningless and will have no affect on the outcome whatsoever, it is no more than a lot of individuals spouting off.
Falmer is ours.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Jeez there are some outrageous comments on there, i particularly liked the twat who said as usual football fans want everyone else to pay for their sport except them! f*** me he is hardly Mr Current Affairs is he?!

I think you've uncovered "septicman" from the Argus forums there. That whole comment is exactly the sort of bollocks he's been spouting for years, and phrased almost exactly how he does it.

The constant peddling of the "against the advice of 2 inspectors" line continues to aggravate me intensely, too. It's so misleading it's unbelievable. These twats always ignore the bits that don't suit them.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
¡Cereal Killer! said:
Where is that ariel photo which was poted on here a while back which gave a brilliant view of the site?

I presume you mean one of these:

Sussex_University_Aerial.jpg

Falmersite.jpg

OS%20map%20with%20stadium.JPG

Campus2.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here