Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Children In Need... Feels wrong to me

Should the BBC have pulled Children in need at least for this year...

• Yes

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • No

Votes: 57 77.0%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 12 16.2%

• Total voters

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
BBC Children In Need is the very definition of the people the BBC has failed.

For me the just hearing BBC and Children In Need just seems wrong and cringing to me...

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
don't be daft. you cannot stop doing something that consistently raises £20m plus for good causes because of the actions of the very small minority. You cannot tar all with the same brush.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
don't be daft. you cannot stop doing something that consistently raises £20m plus for good causes because of the actions of the very small minority. You cannot tar all with the same brush.

If people feel so strongly to donate they could still donate. Don't need children in need to...

We are not talking about one or two people within the bbc with allegations against them but many many people. The majority of which knew of what was going on and covered it up.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
If people feel so strongly to donate they could still donate. Don't need children in need to donate...

for the majority, Children in Need is the catalyst that makes them donate. Take away the catalyst, then you will take away the majority of the donations.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Poll: Should the BBC have pulled Children in need at least for this year...
Contenders for stupid question of the year still emerging I see.

BBC Children In Need is the very definition of the people the BBC has failed.

For me the just hearing BBC and Children In Need just seems wrong and cringing to me...
Children in Need is fantastic, it's raised over £600m in 30 years, and helped improve the lives of many children. They're not responsible the actions of a few weirdos.

I am concerned that donations will be down this year because of the problems the BBC have had, but none of those problems are to do with CIN, and if people don't give as much, it's the children that will suffer.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Why not just give the money to worthy causes anyway, and scrap the evening of embarassing so-called "entertainment" by talentless z-listers.

Agree

Or even the overpaid z listers each give a considerable amount to charity, this would save putting this Rubbish on all night. ( I give to charities but do not need a TV programme to remind me ).

There are also many other charities out there which are just as worthy, possibly people only give to Childern In Need so the others may miss out on donations.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Children in Need is fantastic, it's raised over £600m in 30 years, and helped improve the lives of many children. They're not responsible the actions of a few weirdos.

I am concerned that donations will be down this year because of the problems the BBC have had, but none of those problems are to do with CIN, and if people don't give as much, it's the children that will suffer.

Spot on, I suspect the money raised will be a lot less

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
No way should the BBC pull it for a few rotten apples. Cancelling it would deprive those that need it in excess of £20m. Maybe if some kind of scandal affected Children in Need directly, then maybe. But we are in the main talking about one employee - Saville. The mistake over McAlpine, was that a journalistic mistake. Infact wouldn't it be nice, if McAlpine, who is a very rich man and doesn't need the dosh donated his compo for wrong accusations of child abuse to Children in Need?

Saville didn't just pull the wool over the BBC eyes, but over many eyes inc the NHS. Surely you are not suggesting that we should close Stoke Mandeville.

As for DLT and others that have caught up in this, I would suggest that in the main these were to do with the cfulture of the time. It wasn't just the BBC where men could get away with sexist or lewd activities. In many many work places these kind of things happened i.e groping. Defo wrong, but thats what women had to contend with at the time, cos men in the main thought it was just harmless fun.

The BBC are now facing the brunt of this, but I wouldn't be surprised if similar accusation are being made against ITV stars of the time or anyone else famous in the 70's (Footballers/Rockstars etc)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If people feel so strongly to donate they could still donate. Don't need children in need to...

We are not talking about one or two people within the bbc with allegations against them but many many people. The majority of which knew of what was going on and covered it up.

Are you going to stop watching any BBC programmes in the future?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Just to avoid any confusion.

Are you suggesting that the majority of BBC employees were aware of the paedophile ring?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just the one vote for at the moment. Classic thread.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yeah - so what if kids have got learning difficulties, or are sheltering from the torment of an abusive household, or need assistance when looking after disabled parents, let the little feral bastards suffer - they don't need our charity, do they?

Bloody hell.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost

If you're suggesting that the majority of people who knew about it covered it up you may well be right. If you're suggesting that the majority of people within the BBC knew about it you're just plain wrong.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Children in Need

Hardly... lets all have a big party at the BBC to help abused children... Oh the irony

Are you going to stop watching any BBC programmes in the future?

Don't watch any... Don't think we should have to pay a tv licence...

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Yeah - so what if kids have got learning difficulties, or are sheltering from the torment of an abusive household, or need assistance when looking after disabled parents, let the little feral bastards suffer - they don't need our charity, do they?

Bloody hell.

You could simply go online and donate your money still if you feel that strongly??? or is that too difficult?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hardly... lets all have a big party at the BBC to help abused children... Oh the irony
It's awkward, but this is fairly strait forward. Should the BBC try and raise money to help disadvantage children in the UK, or say f*** it, let's not bother. I'm amazed that the most sensible answer isn't obvious to you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here