Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baz to start tomorrow?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Here we go..top of the league and that old Albion arrogance kicks in again. "Bragtown" is back...

Loved that a few seasons ago when Albion led the table early season, (after being relegated) and Brentford came down, you were up 2-0 and BBC Sussex commentator was saying "we can p*ss this League" .

The the Bees got one back and equalised..end of bragging.

Even more recently - Northampton in the Carling Cup

Let's be sensible and play our strongest team with only the necessary "like for like" swops within the team structure/system. None of the Billy Big Bollocks, "we can win with a reserve team". We can't!

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Just read the argus article. Perhaps one of El Abd or Elphick will get a rest. It's the ideal time to use the squad strength, no one doubts that Greer will be up to it and El Abd and The Elf did get a battering on Saturday. I know they have done well, but would be a shame to leave them both in even if they are tired and the tiredness leads to a mistake/goal. On reflection, could see Greer in for El Abd.

El Abd is one yellow away from suspension. It makes sense for him to play now until he gets that inevitable suspension, get it out of the way, and bring Greer in then. Otherwise an injury/red card to Greer or Elphick and then we're bringing back El Abd maybe one game away from a ban, and down to the bare bones in central defence.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Here we go..top of the league and that old Albion arrogance kicks in again. "Bragtown" is back...

Loved that a few seasons ago when Albion led the table early season, (after being relegated) and Brentford came down, you were up 2-0 and BBC Sussex commentator was saying "we can p*ss this League" .

The the Bees got one back and equalised..end of bragging.

Not arrogance at all. But we started the season without Lua Lua and will more than likely play the second half of the season without him. If we are hopeful of getting promoted then we should, in our current form especially, be able to beat a team near the bottom of the league without 1 loan player. As we did at Plymouth.

I also said I didn't want Batti starting as I've not been impressed by him, so I don't think that's being arrogant personally

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Actually Edna you're making it harder for yourself. HB&B didn't want you to name the 100 worse players, merely a 100 who are worse than that squad that was listed. As we're currently higher than we've been for AGES you can name almost any player of the recent past and there's a good chance they'll be more 'shit' than the ones listed at the start of this thread. Even cult players like Virgo would qualify.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
He may not want to rotate for the sake of it, but he may want to rest players if he can bring in equally good players to keep the whole squad fresh and engaged.

Greer would be a good call - the two CB's got a right kicking on Saturday.
Midfield seems to change based on home/away - opposition style of play - so no consistency there anyway. For me, Bridcutt didn't have a good game and there are better players in (if not on) the wings.
Attack - he seems to know what he wants. And that pairing look solid right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here