Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baz to start tomorrow?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Can I throw Paul Kitson, Dirk Lehman and that crap young keeper we had in 2004 into your pot Edna!

D

Deleted User X18H

Not scraping the barrel at all, I could name plenty more. Pinamonte a hero? WTF? Are you telling me he'd get into our squad now?

Well no cos he is probably about 37. But by comparison yes I think he would.

Adams tried to sign him permanently in 2000 THEN went after Zamora.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
David Adekola
Derek Allan
Graeme Atkinson
Graham Barrett
Mickey Bennett
Chris Birchall
Lawrence Davies
Johnny Dixon
Mick Ferguson
Alistair Edwards

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well no cos he is probably about 37. But by comparison yes I think he would.

Adams tried to sign him permanently in 2000 THEN went after Zamora.

Well bloody hell Adams, you IDIOT. What a grave error of judgement.

I assume this is the same Pinamonte who ended up at Orient...and failed?

Gabbiadini played a few games...not many because he was shocking. That is why he makes the list. It's a long, long list of mediocrity...

D

Deleted User X18H

David Adekola
Derek Allan
Graeme Atkinson
Graham Barrett
Mickey Bennett
Chris Birchall
Lawrence Davies
Johnny Dixon
Mick Ferguson
Alistair Edwards

No fair play, can't defend any of those.

That Wiki page is serving you well today.:wink:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wayne Henderson
Jason Jarrett
Alistair John
Andy Kennedy
Junior Lewis
Paul Linger
Junior McDougald
Chris McPhee
Mark Flatts
Joe O'Ceauruill

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No fair play, can't defend any of those.

That Wiki page is serving you well today.:wink:

It is now, as I've exhausted the supply of those who sprung instantly to mind :lolol: But this is the Albion- there will be enough.

D

Deleted User X18H

Wayne Henderson
Jason Jarrett
Alistair John
Andy Kennedy
Junior Lewis
Paul Linger
Junior McDougald
Chris McPhee
Mark Flatts
Joe O'Ceauruill

Junior Lewis ?? Leave it out. You obviously weren't at the Monday night game against Reading in 2002.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Scott Ramsay
Matt Richards (contentious perhaps, and he's no Glen Thomas, but I was never 100% convinced by him)
Christer Warren
David Yelldell
Brian McKenna
Joe Gatting...sorry Joe
Danny Webb
Sam Williams
Graeme Smith
Simon Wormull

You could probably add every single player who ever played for us at Gillingham, give or take a couple of good guys.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
I'd rather Kazenga was saved for Saturday as we should be able to beat Brentford without him tomorrow night.

I am a little worried about Batti starting as he hasn't really impressed me too much yet, but he hasn't played too much to be fair to him.

Again not too sure about Baz, but I didn't see him at Carlisle. Would be happier with him starting than Batti.

Here we go..top of the league and that old Albion arrogance kicks in again. "Bragtown" is back...

Loved that a few seasons ago when Albion led the table early season, (after being relegated) and Brentford came down, you were up 2-0 and BBC Sussex commentator was saying "we can p*ss this League" .

The the Bees got one back and equalised..end of bragging.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Now I have a couple of issues here: the two Juniors, McDougald and Lewis, both had important roles during their time.

McDougald scored 22 in 95, top-scoring in both his seasons at Brighton

Like I said, it's not about them being utter crap is it? Would we want them around the squad now, based on what they were like as Albion players in their time?

Lewis is a borderline one I agree, he was never that conspicuous but perhaps he quietly did a job, as well as clearly possessing some compromising photographs of Peter Taylor.

McDougald....hmmmm...always worked hard but fairly limited. People on here are slating Barnes for having a far better strike rate.

If you're talking worst Albion players EVER, then no. I'm only trying to prove a point to whoever said that Baz and Battipiedi are the worst he's ever seen, which is clearly not true from the point of view of those of us who have been coming for years.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I'd love to see us try a 4-2-3-1

Brezovan
Calderon Elphick El-Abd Painter
Briddcutt Kish
Bennett LuaLua Baz
Barnes​

:drool:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Baz for Kaz.
Sparrow for Dicker.
Front two and back five unchanged.

Just read the argus article. Perhaps one of El Abd or Elphick will get a rest. It's the ideal time to use the squad strength, no one doubts that Greer will be up to it and El Abd and The Elf did get a battering on Saturday. I know they have done well, but would be a shame to leave them both in even if they are tired and the tiredness leads to a mistake/goal. On reflection, could see Greer in for El Abd.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Here we go..top of the league and that old Albion arrogance kicks in again. "Bragtown" is back...

Loved that a few seasons ago when Albion led the table early season, (after being relegated) and Brentford came down, you were up 2-0 and BBC Sussex commentator was saying "we can p*ss this League" .

The the Bees got one back and equalised..end of bragging.

Not really arrogance though is it. The team who is on top should be able to beat the team who is third bottom even with leaving one of their better players out, we beat Plymouth without LuaLua last week. He is not saying we will beat you, just that we should. Not based on us being the mighty Brighton but based on current form.

To be honest, if any commentator from BBC Sussex said that after only two and a bit games then that was stupid but it is hardly a basis for calling us arrogant.

As for the team tomorrow, I would definitely bring Kishishev back as Bridcutt did struggle a bit at the weekend. I might also bring in Sparrow for Dicker if he is fit. As for the other changes mentioned in the Argus, it depends on how the centre halves and LuaLua are doing with so many games in the last week and a half.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Why are we not talking about Jamie Smith? I thought he came on and demolished the opposition at the recent home match against Walsall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here